dumbbell hst

krenshaw

hello everybody.. i'm looking to start my new hst program with my new home gym.. i haven't purchased everything yet, i only have a set of adjustable dumbbells that go from 5 lbs up to 75 lbs, flat and incline benches, and an ez curl bar.. i wanted to get some opinions on what exercises would be good to include..

i have a good list, but wanted to hear what others have for dumbbells.. i'm excited for just dumbbell work for a while because i get so much of a better workout so i'm sure it'll take some getting used to.. i'm looking for an AM/PM split of some sort.. i wanted some suggestions of good dumbbell exercises that maybe i don't know about or are everybody's favorites..

You can apply HST principles to any weight lifting exercise. With dumbbells, however, you may need a spotter for some lifts. You also miss out on some good lifts that work better with a barbell.

Go to exrx.

Choose a body part you want ot work, then there will ba a list of barbell, machine, dumbbell, etc. exercises you can do.

Another piece of equipment you may want is a chinup bar. Dipping station is useful too. You could use a couple saw horses for dipping, if you wanted.

Squat, Dead, Bench, Row, Overhead press, Crunches using your dumbells.

Curls and skull crushers if you need them.

Find somewhere to do some pullups if you can.

Then you are good to go with a great HST fullbody workout using your dumbells.

Have fun GROWING.

Don't forget lying rear delt raises. Sometimes I like to giant-set them with 1 arm rows. Follow that up with a giant set of 1 arm shrugs (hold onto something for support) & 1 arm lateral raises.

<div>
(krenshaw @ Jan. 05 2007,13:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">giant set??</div>
yeah, just going from one exercise for a specific muscle group to the next of the same muscle group without resting. A &quot;super set&quot; is just like it but you would go from one muscle group to an opposing muscle group with no rest.

<div>
(Bryan Haycock @ Jan. 05 2007,15:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">yeah, just going from one exercise for a specific muscle group to the next of the same muscle group without resting. A &quot;super set&quot; is just like it but you would go from one muscle group to an opposing muscle group with no rest.</div>
OUCH, supersets are tough. Giant sets are just cruel. Effective, but cruel.

Back