Dumbell bench

G'bye ol' pinky
rock.gif

Yeah....that is pretty stupid.

I would probably smash my pinkie like TDM said and then proceed to drop a heavy frigging dumbbell on my head!
cool.gif

Steve sent me his power hooks, and as soon as I return to DB work (getting my bench up right now) I'll be straightening them out and trying them. That bench pictured would be okay for someone who is working out light and staying in total control of the weights ...and in other words, NOT bodybuilding. A 120 slamming home is gonna do a lot more than "pinch" a pinkie!!!
Steve bent his hooks because of dropping weights with them attached. Old habits die hard, huh?
biggrin.gif

No matter what, I'll not let myself get hurt. That's why I've not put collars on my bar when I bench. (busted my floor fan last dump) Now that I have the squat rack, I can feel free to bench totally nuts, since I have safety pegs on the way up. I call them "quitter" pegs so that I never use them, hopefully.

Im also thinking, when I do dumbell work, I dont find myself ending in the extended position, I usually go till I cant get the weight to budge anymore. Unlike doing bench with a bar, when you want to end in the upper postion to rack the bar...haha

You want to scratch your head further on this miracle bench they are promoting, go to ebay and you will find this...

they are offering them in bulk and making you pay X dollars to use them in your gym or whatever, per month, seemed kinda weird and unnecassary to me. Guess they wanted to give people the opportunity to try it out and if they dont like them, get stuck with them under a pile of legal mumbo jumbo. haha

<div>
(quadancer @ May 23 2007,17:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Steve sent me his power hooks, and as soon as I return to DB work (getting my bench up right now) I'll be straightening them out and trying them. That bench pictured would be okay for someone who is working out light and staying in total control of the weights ...and in other words, NOT bodybuilding. A 120 slamming home is gonna do a lot more than &quot;pinch&quot; a pinkie!!!
Steve bent his hooks because of dropping weights with them attached. Old habits die hard, huh?  
biggrin.gif

No matter what, I'll not let myself get hurt. That's why I've not put collars on my bar when I bench. (busted my floor fan last dump) Now that I have the squat rack, I can feel free to bench totally nuts, since I have safety pegs on the way up. I call them &quot;quitter&quot; pegs so that I never use them, hopefully.</div>
Yeah, quad, my cage has safety bars and I hardly ever use them but once in awhile thank god they are there!!! I can think of a few times that I was doing a max effort on squat or bench by myself and had to drop the bar on the safety bars. If it wasn't for those I would be pretty fooked up!
It is mostly psychological though, just knowing they are there I end up doing more weight for more reps and it is rare that I actually hit failure and have to use them.

Back