dumbell benchpress vs barbell?

If you squeal, and bang weights wearing spandex you'll have to stay on the other side of the gym. Nah, seriously, pop down and your whole ride is free.

<div>
(Ruthenian @ Jan. 27 2007,18:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Good job. If need2eat's advice isn't too personal to share, we'd love to hear what helped.</div>
sure- just did a few set of lower weights, working up to the higher weight rather than starting with it. Surprised how well it worked
biggrin.gif
must have been a mind/learning thing, I guess.

My own opinion, besides &quot;knocking the weights together at the top, use an A shape while doing them instead of keeping the bells parallel.

I have found that this works.

Also, I have seen in one of Mark Rippetoe's articles an exercise to build strength in your rotator cuffs, use a d/b with 9% of your close grip bench 1 RM, and while sitting down with one leg up on top of a bench, place elbow on knee and rotate the bell down towards the floor and back up towards the vertical.

Apparently if your strength is belwo what it should be you will not be able to perform this exercise...he recomends 25 reps.

I have been using it and am still building up to the required level! My current bench is no better than 3 x 100 Kg.
wink.gif

Back