Eat alot during 15s?HST experts Pls Read

quickups

I am going to try my first cycle of HST but I have some questions about it.

I've noticed that most people gain the most during 5s, then 10s, then 15s. My question is do I need to up my calorie intake during 15s or 10s?

For my maxes on the 15s, 10s, and 5s, some of the exercises I just guessed so would my program be ruined if i "zig zag" (using the same weight in a different workout)?

Is there a general rule for the progression of the weight?

<div>
(quickups @ Apr. 08 2006,17:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"></div>
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've noticed that most people gain the most during 5s, then 10s, then 15s. My question is do I need to up my calorie intake during 15s or 10s?</div>

Whether you eat &quot;more&quot; or &quot;less&quot; depends on your goals. If you would like to drop some bodyfat, don't eat more. Just make sure you are eating enough. If you don't want to drop any fat but only want to gain weight, make sure you eat enough to cover the additional calories burned during the higher rep weeks.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">For my maxes on the 15s, 10s, and 5s, some of the exercises I just guessed so would my program be ruined if I &quot;zig zag&quot; (using the same weight in a different workout)?</div>

No, it will take a lot more than using the same weight more than once to ruin any program.
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is there a general rule for the progression of the weight?</div>

You will find it helpful to read the Frequently Asked Questions

Back