electric's log

Monday Mar 22 workout:
10 minutes light treadmill warmup.
Paused Squat - 5 @ 81Kg (179lbs), 5 @ 85Kg (187lbs), 5 @ 87Kg (192lbs), 2x5 @ 91Kg (201lbs)
Paused Bench - 5 @ 71Kg (157lbs), 5 @ 73Kg (161lbs), 5 @ 75Kg (165lbs), 5 @ 77Kg (170lbs), 5 @ 81Kg (179lbs)
BB Rows - 5 @ 67Kg (148lbs), 5 @ 69Kg (152lbs), 5 @ 71Kg (157lbs), 5 @ 73kg (161lbs), 5 @ 75Kg (165lbs)

Squats were ATG. Bench with pauses around or over 1 sec.

great log electric,

how have your size gains been during your HST training?
Thanks LDU. I have had good gains but I have to admit my diet is all over the place. When I counted calories and really eat above maintenance the gains came nicely. I started out a while ago at 61Kg around 9% bf and I am now at 72Kg with 12% bf. Size/weight-wise I have been stuck for a while but I am the one to blame since my diet nowadays isn't receiving the due attention.

Yesterday's (Mar 24) routine:
10 minutes fast walk treadmill warmup
Paused Squat - 2x5 @ 91Kg (201lbs)
Paused Bench - 2x5 @ 79Kg (174lbs)
BB Rows - 2x5 @ 73Kg (161lbs)

I decided to cut for a while. I've been spinning wheels for too long neither cutting nor bulking. For now I'll reduce cals, keep intensity high and reduce volume (thus the 2x5). I might drop frequency to 2x a week but for now I'll keep at 3x.

Mon Mar 29 workout:
10 minutes fast walk treadmill warmup
Paused Squat - 2x8 @ 81Kg (179lbs)
Paused Bench - 2x8 @ 69Kg (152lbs)
BB Rows - 2x8 @ 69Kg (152lbs)

Cutting.

How's the early part of the cut going, electric? Feeling ok?
Tim, it is going ok, thanks for asking. I usually have little problems with my cuts, I don't get problems with blood sugar levels and such and I deal fine with being hungry. Thinking about it I might be feeling less inclined to working out, more likely to skip a workout and my strength is not top notch but I think that is to be expected.
My major problem with cuts is losing too much LBM.

Wed Mar 31 workout:
10 minutes fast walk treadmill warmups
Paused Squat - 2 x 5 @ 91Kg (201lbs)
Paused Bench - 2 x 5 @ 79Kg (174lbs)
Unilateral BB Row - 2 x 5 @ 39Kg (86lbs) * / per side

Regarding the rows, I decided to do something different so I went for unilateral rows. The catch is that I don't have heavy enough DBs so I used the BB with the same load I used for bench but only raised one side of it. I don't know how the weight translates so I divided it by 2. I think this was too heavy and the setup was not great.
I am not sure if what I am doing at the moment is enough volume to avoid/minimize losing LBM during my cut. I am doing 2 sets of 5 at a high intesity 3x a week. I don't want to do too little but I also don't want to do unnecessary volume.

Nothing significant to add, just want to let you know that I am still here and lifting. Basically I am cutting and keeping frequency and intensity high while cutting some volume. Just as an example, today's workout:
10 minutes fast walk on treadmill
Paused Squat - 2x5 @ 91Kg (201lbs)
Regular Squat - 5 @ 91Kg (201lbs)
Paused Bench - 2x5 @ 81Kg (179lbs)
Regular Bench - 5 @ 81Kg (179lbs)
BB Rows - 3x5 @ 73Kg (161lbs)

I am actually pausing on the BB rows too, as in I raise the bar to the chest/sternum, lower it and let it hang for a sec before raising it again.
The last set of every lift was regular non-paused. They are fairly easier without the pause but I noticed they get harder to balance, maybe because I am not used to not pausing any more.

Although I haven't been posting here I was lifting regularly, 3x week, low volume high intensity while cutting cals. I am SDing now. Went to get the bf% checked today and I guess the cut went pretty well.
From March 23 when I measured bf% last to today May 11 I went from 70.3Kg (155lbs) to 66.5Kg (146.6lbs) total body weight and from 16.2% bf to 12.7%bf. That means losing 0.8kg (1.8lbs) of muscle while losing 3.05kg (6.7lbs) of fat.
I'll be going to Boston for a 3 week course on Saturday so I don't know how/if I'll be able to lift while there. It is supposed to be a pretty intensive course. Anyway, as soon as I am able to I'll try to do a bulking HST cycle.

Last edited:
Back