Exercise Pills

Jon Stark

Stories like this bother me.  Chumps like us spend the best years of our lives sweating in a gym, struggling to pack on every ounce of muscle.  But our kids will just pop buff pills every morning before going to school -- err, before popping their smart pills. :mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,50038,00.html

Anyway, just thought the story might be of interest here.

I saw this foolishness as well.  Afew things came to mind though.

1. Intense Exercise has many more benefits than just building muscle.  Increased cardiovascular fitness, increased bone density etc.  If the heart can't support the muscle via an adequate blood supply, that muscle won't last long.  They spoke of Heart failure patients too.  Extra muscle would put more demand/strain on the heart  
butbut.gif

2.  Muscle can't just be built out of nothing.  these people would have to eat enough calories and protein to build/support their new found muscles.  The populations they are speaking of aren't known for their great kidney function.  

There are more, but I have to go to lunch.  Just goes to show that people will always be looking for the "magic pill" to get in shape.  Most people hate to do the work involved in staying healthy and fit.  
tounge.gif

Steve

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of those really cheesy infomercials for "Exercise in a Bottle". You see those? It showed a bunch of ripped, tan people chowing down on BBQ ribs and potato salad without a care in the world.

The future is now my friend!

Seriously though, a CaMK boosting supplement might be useful to weight training athletes. (Bryan, you listening?)

Mark my words, Biotest will have something before the year is out. (It probably won't work, but they'll be selling something.)

Back