Exercises to avoid

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneMoreRep @ July 16 2005,8:51)]Squats scare me everytime! but i love them :)
Ha, me too. Even though I like them because I know they are very productive, something about having more than my own bodyweight on my shoulders gives me that eary feeling, or when you see that iron bar bowing a little. On the other hand.....it sure makes you feel stought!!!

The injury typically is not because of too much weight, it is because the person resorts to poor form to move a weight that is too heavy for them. If they were using a too heavy weight, but tried to lift it in an appropriate manner, they'd simply not be able to lift it more than a few times, but would be less likely to hurt themselves if they at least attempted to do so in a controlled manner.

People can hurt themselves with a weight that is appropriate or even too light, if they are performing the exercise improperly or with sloppy form.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (b0xm0ns73r @ July 16 2005,9:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneMoreRep @ July 16 2005,8:51)]Squats scare me everytime! but i love them :)
They can mess you up pretty bad if you screw up.

OH MAN!!! everytime I see that picture I get the creepin willies lol. Scary.
For myself when I first started lifting I did BB shrugs by rounding my shoulders front to back and wrecked my neck for a fricken weak. Needless to say I just go straight up and down now.

P

i was doing behind the neck shoulder presses on a smyth machine and i don't go down below the ears. is that okay? or should i switch to frontal presses (but sometimes i hear my shoulders pop doing this).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ July 21 2005,10:04)]
wow.gif
2-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (b0xm0ns73r @ July 16 2005,9
wow.gif
2)]
[b said:
They can mess you up pretty bad if you screw up.
is his leg snapped? he looks mangled... holy #%@!

brutal.

safe to say he's out of commission?

To say nothing of the way the bar seems to be smashing against his neck! Holy crap!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneMoreRep @ July 23 2005,10:59)]Those spotters weren't very helpful apparently
crazy.gif
I "use" to have a workout partner that was that kind of spotter. You would look up, and he would be at the water fountain, or checking out chicks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (b0xm0ns73r @ July 25 2005,10:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneMoreRep @ July 23 2005,10:59)]Those spotters weren't very helpful apparently  
crazy.gif
I "use" to have a workout partner that was that kind of spotter. You would look up, and he would be at the water fountain, or checking out chicks.
bruuutal, i don't use a training partner.

Back