experienced hst-ers..what did your first hst routines look like when you started?

chansen

question for all you experienced hst-ers?...totentanz, old and grey, etc. what did your first hst routines look like? you know before you were all jacked and swole ;). simplify and win style? what did you find worked best? 3 times a week? upper/lower split?

Last edited:
First few cycles, I did the example program. Only 1 working set for everything. Third cycle I think I went up to two sets and skipped 15s. Fourth cycle I believe was the one where I did every day with Sundays off, added 15s back in. Fifth cycle I did 5s only and did five or six weeks of that, with three sets for everything, I think 6-8 different exercises.

My first cycle that I would call "HST" I was recuperating after being sick. I started extremely light doing 20-25 reps. I trained every day for the first two weeks. After that I pretty much followed the basic routine.

These days I split upper/lower body. Sometimes I'll put in a set or two later in the evening if I didn't have time for everything before work.

I started cutting almost exactly at the same time I started with hst. Hence the volume was quite low. When I went back to bulking in the autumn I changed to an upper/lower with an A and B workout. I also increased volume quite a bit. Now Im cutting and trying to keep volume as high as possible. I feel the upper/lower has allowed me to work harder on each MG. It felt a bit watered out previously with full body.

Back