Extending Sci's Sample

Just so everybody knows - I borrowed that 2 + 1 (sets) thing based on Bryan's HST overview. I tried it out before setting this new cycle up and really liked it. Basically, you alternate the sets between exercises (at least that's what I do). So, for instance, if I do 2 sets of deads and 1 set of squats on Monday, I'll do 1 set of deads and 2 sets of squats on Wednesday. I'm not sure what the long term affect of this will be as I've been a disciple of Dr. Squat and his ABC's for about 3 years now and have never varied from that model. Thus far, I really, really like this setup (i.e. 2+1). We'll see how it goes. I'm finally back in town, so the cycle will begin tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you who have posted here. Great stuff!!!!

<div>
(_tim @ May 30 2007,11:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just so everybody knows - I borrowed that 2 + 1 (sets) thing based on Bryan's HST overview.  I tried it out before setting this new cycle up and really liked it.  Basically, you alternate the sets between exercises (at least that's what I do).  So, for instance, if I do 2 sets of deads and 1 set of squats on Monday, I'll do 1 set of deads and 2 sets of squats on Wednesday.  I'm not sure what the long term affect of this will be as I've been a disciple of Dr. Squat and his ABC's for about 3 years now and have never varied from that model.  Thus far, I really, really like this setup (i.e. 2+1).  We'll see how it goes.  I'm finally back in town, so the cycle will begin tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you who have posted here.  Great stuff!!!!</div>
Isn`t it annoying to do an exercise for the legs and right after that another exercise for the leg? And you do that only for legs or for other muscles too?
And by the way people, what is your rep range. Only for my overall knowledge
smile.gif

I don't think it would be. I did a routine for a short while where we did multiple exersizes for each bodypart, before it was named &quot;confusion&quot; principle or anything. (at least before I heard the term)
You only had to warm up for the first set and just hit the others. Didn't grow from it though. Might work with only two alternate exersizes.

Back