Fat loss equivalent to HST?

jimjones

I was wondering if there is any system or site like this one, but dealing specifically with losing body fat. Something that is backed by research and not tradition, or celebrity interviews, etc.

i have had a great experince with HST for the past 6 months and would like to have the same confidence in my cardio system as i do in my weight lifting system (HST).

I'm familiar with HIIT and other types of cardio and that people have had good success with a lot of them , but i am looking for research backed routines or princicples about fat loss, preferrably in one site, like this one.

thanks in advance

Jimjones,

It is all about caloric balance. If you need to lose fat yet retain your muscle mass (or even still add some in the very same process), you need to cut how many calories are going into your body everyday. If you don't want to sacrifice the food, then you need some means of cardio, or increase the frequency of lifting.

-Colby

thanks Colby, i appreciate the feedback.

I understand the caloric, or diet side of it, i was more wondering about the exercise part of it in terms of research or proven techniques. Also, if there was a site/ online community likethis one who were experts on the science of fat loss (not simply weight loss).

I guess a more specific way to frame it is "is there any research that shows when stored body fat is used for energy as opposed to carbs, proteins etc. and what exercises and times of day were optimal to cause this to occur?"

If anyone persoanally knows of any research that could answer this question or any site that would have answers for me, i would greatly appreciate it. i have been trying for some time to find definitive answers/information and have been generally unsuccessful.

thanks in advance.

Back