FF's Log .1

• Thread starter imported_fearfactory
  • Start date
<div>
(colby2152 @ Aug. 14 2008,9:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">How do you do it?  I am married, work about 50 hours per week, am maintaining/improving a house to put it up on market, studying for two actuarial exams this fall in addition to my regular life duties.  Working out sometimes falls on the back burner since there is so much to take care of.</div>
1. faith

2. lifting soothes the beast. even if it means I have to go to bed later.

3. by using this log as a place to whine. thereby not infecting personal relationships w/ my complaining.

actually Colby, I think I'm going to take my &quot;starter&quot; house off the market. it's not selling anyway. this will reduce massive stress. the house I'm living in now is much more marketable (and is way too nice for my income, also belongs to my dad by way of my late grandfather). so...I think I'm going to move back into my &quot;starter home&quot;. I've built a 48' x 22' garage at the starter home anyway, be a lot more room (garage wise) and I could even hang my heavy bag up.

oh yeah, and you forgot to mention going through your first year of marriage! good luck on your exams.

Loading/Volume Week 2 Day 3 (from 8-15-08)

Squat
5x225
5x245
5x260
5x280
5x295

Bench
5x5x225

Clean
5x5x185

notes - I was scheduled to bench 205, but skipped ahead to 225. concentrated on using long pauses. my squats are feeling a bit weak. skipped assistance exercises (curls and tris).

<div>
(colby2152 @ Aug. 14 2008,10:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">How do you do it? I am married, work about 50 hours per week, am maintaining/improving a house to put it up on market, studying for two actuarial exams this fall in addition to my regular life duties. Working out sometimes falls on the back burner since there is so much to take care of.</div>
Aw, c'mon, Colby!

New wife, new job, new house, and a coupla weeny actuarial exams...

How hard can that be...? [rolls eyes]

(Though I concede it might take up a bit of your time).

yeah Colby, those exams are weeny weights like the ones Bax uses!
laugh.gif

Loading/Volume Phase Week 3 Day 1
8-18-08
Squats

Bench

Clean

assistance
4x10xbw+10 incline situps
skipped GM's again

<div>
(fearfactory @ Aug. 19 2008,5:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">yeah Colby, those exams are weeny weights like the ones Bax uses!  
laugh.gif
</div>
Awe c'mon now!!
wow.gif

^ I'm just repeating what you said in your own log!
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">(BAX67 @ Aug. 02 2008,2:31)

Even though this program calls for weenie weights for four weeks, it is by no means a walk in the park.</div>

just for the record, Bax has a Wilks score which dwarfs my own. also, actuarial exams are very difficult and should not be compared to weenie efforts (even in jest).

8-21-08 (this should have been done 8-20 and my schedule is now thrown off)

Loading/Volume Phase Week 3 Day 2

Squats
5x5x265 (bar speed wasn't as fast as I'd have liked)

Deads
5x5x375

OHP
5x5x155

accessories:
4x3xbw pullups *sigh*
3x10xbw incline situps

notes: generally an easy workout. elbows are still sore and preventing pullup volume. I plan to squat when I get off work tomorrow, bench and clean on Sunday and get back into my normal routing Monday (*crosses fingers*).

an aside: I've been offered a position as assistant varsity wrestling coach at a local high school. I can't imagine how I'd fit this into my schedule, but it is something I'd like to do long term. Hopefully, I can turn this down and manage to maybe become the freshmen head coach (as both varsity assistant and freshmen coach recently took jobs at a different school) next term...have to see how this turns out.

<div>
(fearfactory @ Aug. 22 2008,8:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">just for the record, Bax has a Wilks score which dwarfs my own. also, actuarial exams are very difficult and should not be compared to weenie efforts (even in jest).</div>
Thanks FF, but what's a Wilks score?
rock.gif

The Wilks formula is used in IPF meets to determine the best lifter by formula. It takes bodyweight into account.

post 170 in Bax's log, I figured his at the time was ~ 310.... here's a link to a calculator: http://www.bonetweb.com/fightclub/Wilks%20Formula.htm

Loading/Volume Phase Week 3 Day 3

Squats (2 mins between sets)
5x250
5x270
5x290
5x310
5x330

Bench (all paused, 2 mins between sets)
5x5x225

got it in over lunch hour.  still had time to shower and stop at subway.  I love living in a small town!

I'll get my cleans in tomorrow.

Hey what a cool oppurtunity to coach wrestling. I'm sure you'll find a way to fit it into your really busy schedule. It's so rewarding to be able to pass on knowledge and skills to young people and watch them grow and develop those skills over a season. Good luck with that fear and keep us posted on how that goes.

What's up with your elbows?

<div>
(BAX67 @ Aug. 24 2008,10:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">What's up with your elbows?</div>
they just get sore, especially the left. happens when I do pullups and to a lesser extent when I bench.

not sure what's up w/ that....but it's starting to look like I'm going to abandon this 5x5 and pick up 2 day HST routine. I cannot keep up w/ a 3 day routing right now..... am two workouts behind, don't think I can catch that up and then maintain. My wife was hospitilized for a kidney stone yesterday (turned out not to be a big deal (long term health-wise) but it was a scare.

point being that I fully intend to start back on 15's next Monday. that should give my elbows some relief.

I'll lift twice a week full body (Mon/Fri) and try to deadlift on Weds. this should get me by until time becomes more of an ally.

if anyone has any ideas for 2 day splits, I'm all ears.

Back