Finished first 2 weeks....confused

^I'd say that the myostatin growth regulators have more to do with it than the sex hormones.

I just did the first 1 X 10's week day and DOMS weren't so good, I guess add a set.

<div>
(seemore @ Aug. 06 2007,08:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just did the first 1 X 10's week day and DOMS weren't so good, I guess add a set.</div>
I wouldn't worry much about DOMS (good or not). That is not a reliable measure of your workout's efficacy.

ok well good news guys, I braved to get on my set of scales again and I weighed in at a whopping (ok maybe I'm a little too excited) 82.6kg (182 pounds). That's around 3 pounds in the black.
cool.gif

Whilst I haven't taken measurements, my legs and back look like they got the most of it and bi's and delts look a little fuller as well. Chest probably hasn't moved much.

I just finished my second week of tens which ended up being 2 sets of 5 or 3 sets of 5 as 10 reps total didn't feel like it was doing as much DOMS wise.

A few other things...

1. I don't have someone to spot me on bench and things got a little hairy on the last set so I decided to move to the lever bench setup that has each side split. I just want to get the full range of motion without worrying that the bar is going to get stuck on my chest.

2. I need to work on symmetry as my right side is severely lagging in inclince DB bench and is holding me up in increasing the weight. There is a noticable difference between my right delt/tri/bi/upper back and the left side. I am already doing DB rows on the right side only to help with back and bi symmetry, but may need to add a few more one sided exercises.

3. Strength is doing well on all fronts except for bench which has always been a sore spot (I have long arms you see), I may need to incorporate some &quot;assistance&quot; benchpress sticking point breaker exercises, any suggestions there would be appreciated. I have the usual sticking poinmt which is rwhere the bar is like 3 or 4 inches off my chest and this is quite dangerous without a partner.

4. After using the H-H calorie equation, I came out at 3300 calories which is 13 800 kJ.  I think this might be a little low, I'm hitting that easily without even counting anything properly. I might try to push that up to 4 000 calories or 17 000 kJ. I've never been the one to count energy as I eat very often and as much as I can, but now this seems to be helping. I'm going cross eyed from reading food labels and doing my maths.

5. Does anyone have some assistance exercises for squat sticking points....I'm doing 230 pounds at the end of my tens weeks and going right down low well passed parallel is getting risky. I'm going to just under parallel as the weight had gotten higher, none of this ass to the floor though.

ok further update:

weighed in at 83.7kg after the first 2 weeks of 5 fives gone. BF has moved up to 17.7 according to the digi scales and I can tell that BF% has increased...if the scales are correct by the amount then a third of my 3.2 kg gained to date has been fat. Not bad.

Back