Finished my first 5's Drop Set

bandekk

Just finished my first ever drop sets on my 3rd week of 5's. After reading the threads on this forum, I thought I had the process nailed down. In the end I had to stop near the end of my workout as it was so intense and I ended up getting muscle cramp in my forearms!

On some of the exercises I went to failure, which looks a big no no now having just read some more info.

It also looks like I may have dropped too many times. Overall I think I overdid the whole this too much, but was very impressed with the pump and burn on the whole.

Next time I'm gonna take it easier, only do a max of 20 reps and not go to failure, hopefully this should allow me to finish the workout this time.

Thankfull I only have 2 more workouts left before my SD  :)

The thing about drops are two items.

1. They must be done rapidly after the work set, if there is a rest between the work set and the drops it will take much longer to get the effect.
2. They only need to be done for a period (# of reps) needed to induce the burn.

If both 1 and 2 are realized you shouldn't have to do more than one or maybe two sets of drops to get the metabolic signalling the tissue needs.

Back