flax seed oil vs. fish oil

• Thread starter imported_dirtybirds808
  • Start date
I

imported_dirtybirds808

What is the difference between flax seed oil and fish oil as far as ingreidents? Which is more important to us? I am still debating which one to get but just wanted to know a little more before i tried it. Thanks.

There's a link on this site where either DKM or Bryan indicated that the conversion to DHA and EPA (which is ultimately what you want) from flax oil is inhibited by caffeine. As fish oil contains DHA and EPA already in it's useable form there's no need to worry about this. NOW salmon oil on BB'ing.com is dirt cheap. Bottom line, if you drink coffee, take fish oil.

I'm not sure what the salmon oil that is dirt cheap on BB.com is like... but beware of cheap fish oil. That stuff is nasty when it isn't prepared properly. I take just two capsules of this cheap fish oil I bought at Wal-Mart and I'm burping fish stench for an hour or more afterward. The wife doesn't like that and neither do my coworkers.

From what I've heard (haven't tried it yet) the more expensive fish oils don't have this problem.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goal220 @ Mar. 17 2005,6:01)]There's a link on this site where either DKM or Bryan indicated that the conversion to DHA and EPA (which is ultimately what you want) from flax oil is inhibited by caffeine.  As fish oil contains DHA and EPA already in it's useable form there's no need to worry about this.  NOW salmon oil on BB'ing.com is dirt cheap.  Bottom line, if you drink coffee, take fish oil.
Additionally, the normal conversion rate to EPA/DHA in our systems is already under 10% (have seen varying reports of 1.5-7%).

Back