Football Players

TylerDurden

So whats the deal with football players. Their huge guys, with loads of muscle, who train all the time, mostly cardio work. How are they preserving all this muscle? Most of them, have little body fat at all. Any insights?

Assuming we're talking about natural football players (i.e. high school and smalltime colleges), it's really about food.

Provided that you don't go on a marathon (football players tend to use more HIIT-ish cardio), the exercise will still have a positive bulking effect IF you eat your way out of the deficit. And for a lot of people, adding cardio significantly helps out the bulking cycle because it improves the nutrient partioning effect and gets you to more efficiently carbs in your glycogen stores. You can eat more and gain more without gaining fat.

That is, if you eat enough. And football players outeat just about every athlete I know.

cheers,
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TylerDurden @ April 29 2005,11:00)]Most of them, have little body fat at all. Any insights?
crazy.gif
I'd have to disagree on that one. Many have more body fat than I would want to carry, but since they are so huge big bellys aren't as noticeable.

Back