Forced Off-Week

XFatMan

The peaking program I’m currently doing starts with one week at 58% of the 1 RM, then one week at 60%, 62%, and finally 64% before it comes to the heavy peaking part of the program. I have to take one week off now for personal reasons, which had been planned right from the start. After this week off, I’d continue with one week at 62%, then another week at 64%. Would it be okay if I just went into the peaking part or would it cause any kind of disadvantage?

What disadvantage would that cause? You aren't at extremely high weights, so your relative strength will not dip off after a week. The load is still progressing, and you will be back to cutting. Your aesthetic and training goals remain intact.

Oh, perhaps there was a little misunderstanding. After my week off, I'd normally go back to two more "light" weeks at 62% and 64% respectively. I just wanted to know if it's okay to go directly to the heavy part of the program.

<div>
(XFatMan @ Feb. 04 2008,13:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Oh, perhaps there was a little misunderstanding. After my week off, I'd normally go back to two more &quot;light&quot; weeks at 62% and 64% respectively. I just wanted to know if it's okay to go directly to the heavy part of the program.</div>
No misunderstanding... linear progression is still there, right?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Feb. 04 2008,23:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No misunderstanding... linear progression is still there, right?</div>
There sure is. Thanks for the pointer.

Back