forum going slow

<div>
(quadancer @ Nov. 12 2009,12:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">but I consider a lot of you guys my friends...and there IS that friendly comp between me and LOL...you know, that little brit weakling over on the foggy side?  
laugh.gif
</div>
agree its nice to keep up with (internet mates) BTW its not that foggy here much now (maybe bonfire night) it would be ashame for guys to just dissapear or if the site went bump were would you guys go
rock.gif
BTW anyone heard out from fausto.

I think Fausto posted something last month. I'm all over some PL sites these last 3 months, digging in deep and trying new stuff. Sentimentally, the only log I have is here in HST. Clutch is getting boring, so I'm losing interest there too. I wouldn't be here much if we didn't have so many guys interested in strength too.

<div>
(quadancer @ Nov. 12 2009,12:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You see this in all forums: guys come in, do the deed for a few years, become masters at the art and participate in the forums, then get tired of answering noob questions, then denigrate to just watching favored posts (like me) and often just fall off from boredom or other interests. It's just the nature of the beast, and O&amp;G is right: new recruits keep things alive, but it's redundant to the oldtimers by then.
Having switched to powerlifting, I shouldn't even be in here, but I consider a lot of you guys my friends...and there IS that friendly comp between me and LOL...you know, that little brit weakling over on the foggy side?  
laugh.gif
</div>
I wonder what the future of sites like this is? I hope Bryan keeps it going. It would be a real shame if all the useful info here was discarded.

Of course, if Bryan ever does get a chance to finish an HST book that should generate plenty of discussion (and sales).

Lyle's fora are always well supported, I guess partly because there are so many different ways to diet down to a stick insect and partly because Lyle constantly adds new articles on training and dieting. He's also a regular thread contributor (his harsh responses are pretty funny at times too). Lyle's books may be his main revenue stream so he needs to support them well.

The Crossfit fora are well supported because the content is refreshed daily with a WOD (workout of the day!), and often a vid or an article (or both) on some aspect of training or diet. It's a full-time business venture for those guys; there are plenty of goodies to buy too.

Similar thing is true for Dave Tate's eliteFTS.com site which has plenty of regular updates in the form of training articles to complement the sale of p'lifting gear.

By contrast, the HST site is all about helping folks to avoid all the misleading training and diet info that's out there; there's nothing to buy - the HSN Primer and Driver protein powder stuff is a relic from the past. There are very rarely any new articles or studies posted and there are only so many variations on the HST method that can be described with words!

The folks here are what make me check in regularly. I'll continue to keep my log here while it makes sense to do so. It's a good habit to keep up.

I have a feeling that my main motivation to lift weights these days is to try not to fall too far behind the great Quadman! That means I have to keep checking in here to see what he's been up to!
biggrin.gif

The Great Quadman is a bag full of sore joints, muscle adhesions, jangled nerves and frustrations. Oh, let's not forget the PowerGut.
laugh.gif

yeah it would be ashame to lose contact with some guys on here,most have been posting for 4 or more yrs,its
cool.gif
to see how everyone is doing.

<div>
(Lol @ Nov. 13 2009,4:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lyle's fora are always well supported, I guess partly because there are so many different ways to diet down to a stick insect and partly because Lyle constantly adds new articles on training and dieting. He's also a regular thread contributor (his harsh responses are pretty funny at times too). Lyle's books may be his main revenue stream so he needs to support them well.

The Crossfit fora are well supported because the content is refreshed daily with a WOD (workout of the day!), and often a vid or an article (or both) on some aspect of training or diet. It's a full-time business venture for those guys; there are plenty of goodies to buy too.</div>
i post on lyles forum sometimes,but alot of the stuff on there is a bit over my head,especially the diet stuff.

i use muscletalk.co.uk and worldfitness.com they are quite well used and have lots of sub forums like studies/articles
cardio
steroids
personal training
bodybuilding
strength etc etc.

I still lurk and read the logs of a few of you guys who I like to keep up on. I have a hard time finding time to post since I got custody of my children last June, and continue to work 45-50 hours a week. Just finding time to lift is hard enough.

But also a lot of it is like everyone has said - all the information is already here. There aren't a whole lot of people who need to be shown the light anymore. It's like I said a while back, eventually almost everyone &quot;gets it&quot; and realizes that the basic principles behind weightlifting, bodybuilding, powerlifting are all the same. Pick up heavy stuff. Do it often. Eat food. Take a break when you need to. Only the minutiae are what is really changing as more studies are done or found by people and posted.

Troo Dat, but now and then some of those little nuggets are revelationary. I just lose it trying to compare studies and find relevance. Too often it's just more lab rats and fat ladies.

Back