gaining muscle while losing fat

addy

can anyone point me to a specific study showing (or at least hinting) at this. i'm new to the whole pubmed thing, so even though i searched, i couldn't find a study to support this claim.

There is one study, O&G referrred me too that I have posted on My Website here the one about the overweight police officers. Please understand these guys were pretty hefty.

thanks.
interesting how the casein hydrolysate brought better results than whey. i didn't expect that. though i remember reading someone praising casein somewhere.

be extremely careful interpretting the results of this paper

NO other supplemental trial has ever shown gains of that size, creatine, HMB or anything, even testosterone

If you want info on this kind of thing I'd go to Lyle McDonald's boards. I think it's bodyrecomp.com.

it's bodyrecomposition.com.

i'm not interesting in the size of the gains as much as i am in the fact that muscle was gained and fat was lost at the same time. i've seen plenty of anecdotal reports, especially here on this board, about this, but i had not found any studies yet to confirm it.

if there are any others, i'd love to see them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (addy @ June 27 2005,2:43)]if there are any others, i'd love to see them.
When you click on that link at my site it brings up the abstact, look to the right, you'll see a hyperlink "related articles", click on it and it will bring up over 200 other studies, not all will be directly related to what you are looking for so you'll have to wade through them. Also if you find any that are full text and related to what you are looking for then, open and read them then click on the pertinent links in the reference links, this should give you a good base of studies to make your own assumption. I also highly recommend reading all you can on human substrate metabolism.

Back