Give me an HST alternative

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My theory, if I can use enough weight to create a concentric failure on the lift and avoid lactic acid as much as possible, then I might be able to trigger growth. As the muscle itself has no clue as to whats happenig, just the results of</div>

This is wrong. We had this point discussed several times before.
you can't really confuse the muscle,there is no sense in sets to failure when there is no progression in load.

concentric failure is ok from time to time, but not what you should care about. main question is not how to reach failure but how to manage to get enough load (growth is triggerd) in a workout so that load-progression in the next workout is possible.

as long as you can perform one progressive workout after the other for more than a few workouts, you will grow.

and your not gonna reach that when you'll take your dead-lifts and squats to concentric-failure ;-)

cheers

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This is wrong. We had this point discussed several times before.
you can't really confuse the muscle,there is no sense in sets to failure when there is no progression in load. </div>

My theory isnt confuse the muscle, but get to point C by a different route than via A B, the muscle has no idea how a certain strain or impression of a given load, was put upon it, trauma is trauma.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">concentric  failure is ok from time to time, but not what you should care about. main question is not how to reach failure but how to manage to get enough load (growth is triggerd) in a workout so that load-progression in the next workout is possible.

as long as you can perform one progressive workout after the other for more than a few workouts, you will grow.</div>

Whether you wanna believe it or not, hst is about going to positive and negative failure, as you take the fives to the point of poor form, cant perform a positive correctly, then you have the option of negatives, however, hst suggests you get to this point over an 8 week period.  With a bump in the road at the end of the 15's and 10's.  Everyone wants to praise the fives as the time of growth, whats happening during that period?

The reason for progression is an attempt to take full benefit of the SD and create microtrauma, which can only occur using submaximal weight, IF youve deconditioned the muscle/body,  until you reach your previous best, then surpass it slightly but I dont believe the muscle is that slow to &quot;relearn&quot; or neural learning, however you wanna look at it and dont buy into that totally, at least not in the middle of a cycle, maybe the beginning and end (if you push it out).

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">and your not gonna reach that when you'll take your dead-lifts and squats to concentric-failure ;-)</div>

If you manipulate the set/rep  scheme its possible.  You could increase the load every workout, if you lower the sets/reps.  
rock.gif
  This is common in strength routines and works, although HST believers seem to wanna believe that just because you can move X more lbs or increase the load, then you must be larger or triggered hypertrophy...I dont completely buy into that either. Maybe its genetic, I dont know, but personal experience says something else.

Now if you were to suggest that I couldnt perform my theory for an extended period, I would agree, as eventually, Id burn out.

If you factor in the hst belief that a muscle can heal within , what is it 48hrs and on top of that, has the capability to heal or recover, even when put under a load, the concept of failure training doesnt seem so scary, then it becomes a matter of freqency.  No?

Back