Going back to oldskool

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 24 2007,13:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Talk about refreshing! I thought I was stalled out at my 8th deadlift workout, but still tried a PB of 405x5...the last rep stalled halfway or less, but since I wanted a full set with all 8 plates on the bar...I dug DEEEEEEEP, like never before and got it!
Took 15 minutes to slow my breathing! Sheesh!
I try to see PB's as a 'break' in monotony, so strength training for the first time has really been exciting. The lower part of my log has a lot of red circles around sets, indicating new strengths.
The back of my mind is considering that if I try another HST cycle or 10x3, 3x3, or some conditioning factors, my next 5x5 might REALLY rock! On the other hand, using  the periodization factor and staying with 5x5 might also be the ticket. I feel like a kid in a candy store.  
laugh.gif

I'm having to accept that I may be nearing the advanced stage, regardless of lack of gains in size, since I can't keep going linear much longer. I can dig that I guess, since hitting my deadlift goal #1...so maybe I'm officially no longer in the small fry club...maybe the old fry club now...</div>
Nobody else has said it yet....Nice lifting Man!
405 x 5 is kickass!

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 24 2007,13:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Talk about refreshing! I thought I was stalled out at my 8th deadlift workout, but still tried a PB of 405x5...the last rep stalled halfway or less, but since I wanted a full set with all 8 plates on the bar...I dug DEEEEEEEP, like never before and got it!
Took 15 minutes to slow my breathing! Sheesh!
I try to see PB's as a 'break' in monotony, so strength training for the first time has really been exciting.</div>
I haven't logged on for a while.

Damn good lifting and congrats on the PB. There is nothing like a big pull. Keep posting those PB's.

I checked here http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Your 1RM is about 456, impressive. You'll get 10 plates soon.

I doubt I'd actually make the 1rm, with a sticking point in the way at about 4&quot;. I believe that could be my transition point from legs to back. I'm just now getting ready for a workout today..3 days later! There is a big bruise inside of my leg, about four inches up from the knee on the inside, that mysteriously appeared after that lift and my lower back has been feeling it too. Thankfully I only have squats today and next workout.
The bruise thing is weird; I don't remember hitting the leg or anything at all, and am doing bidwork at home now, so it's not work-related. I don't really feel like deads tax my legs at all; it's the back that is weaker.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 27 2007,05:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I doubt I'd actually make the 1rm, with a sticking point in the way at about 4&quot;. I believe that could be my transition point from legs to back. I'm just now getting ready for a workout today..3 days later! There is a big bruise inside of my leg, about four inches up from the knee on the inside, that mysteriously appeared after that lift and my lower back has been feeling it too. Thankfully I only have squats today and next workout.
The bruise thing is weird; I don't remember hitting the leg or anything at all, and am doing bidwork at home now, so it's not work-related. I don't really feel like deads tax my legs at all; it's the back that is weaker.</div>
I bet if you take a barbell with 135 and do a deadlift while paying attention to your legs you'll see that it's possible the barbell hit that spot above your knee. My shins look like minefields because I don't feel the barbell hitting them too much while I&quot;m lifting, but then afterwards it looks like I've been breaking 2x4's over them.

Hey Quad, just revisited this thread to discover your post on your PB. Wow! That's really amazing seeing that you have only recently started out with deadlifting again. Big congrats.

Like Steve said I reckon the bruises are from the deads. My legs are battered and bruised after a good session too. That spot above the knee is really easy to bruise. Last time I made my shins so sore and lumpy that I considered wearing shin pads for my next session! The weird thing is that I never notice I'm doing it during the lifting.

Guess I'll pop in and remind you guys I said the bruise is on the inside...between the legs! With my legs together, it is touched by the other leg. THAT's what is weird about it; nothing in the deadlift touches there, not even the elbow. And since I turned Sumo, my shins have been spared, although not totally healed yet. That's the problem with low GH - scabs take a couple months to heal up!
The only thing I can think of is that I someway pulled a muscle, but I've maxed every muscle in my body many times and never done that before. And it doesn't hurt any more than a regular bruise.
Maybe wrestling with my wife...actually that's the only other possibility!

The bruise on the inside of your thigh is from where your elbows banged into it sumo-pulling. I sumo-pulled last night and have a small bruise exactly where you describe it. When I am in the starting position, my elbows are touching the inside of my thighs, so I figure I just bumped into my thighs pulling.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 27 2007,17:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Guess I'll pop in and remind you guys I said the bruise is on the inside...between the legs! With my legs together, it is touched by the other leg. THAT's what is weird about it; nothing in the deadlift touches there, not even the elbow. And since I turned Sumo, my shins have been spared, although not totally healed yet. That's the problem with low GH - scabs take a couple months to heal up!
The only thing I can think of is that I someway pulled a muscle, but I've maxed every muscle in my body many times and never done that before. And it doesn't hurt any more than a regular bruise.
Maybe wrestling with my wife...actually that's the only other possibility!</div>
Maybe your third leg gets a pump and while being hard it bruises the inside of your thigh?

(ok sorry that was a bad joke
biggrin.gif
(and a little gay))

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 27 2007,11:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe wrestling with my wife...actually that's the only other possibility!</div>
Give in a little easier next time. No more bruises.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Sniggel @ Feb. 27 2007,16:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe your third leg gets a pump and while being hard it bruises the inside of your thigh?

(ok sorry that was a bad joke
biggrin.gif
(and a little gay))</div>
LOL... maybe the language barrier? Hahaha.

Back