going to 1st week of 5s and no results :(

Stay at your 5 RM, don't repeat the 5s. If your 5 RM starts to feel light, as though you could increase the weight, then do so.

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 19 2006,20:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Stay at your 5 RM, don't repeat the 5s.  If your 5 RM starts to feel light, as though you could increase the weight, then do so.</div>
wouldnt that go against the principle that u should always progress (ie: increase weights or sets) because im doing the last of my 5rm?

also im doing two sets of every exercises now that i am in my second week of 5rm. in the faqs bryan recommended that only one set should be sufficient. am i overworking it?

EDIT: should i do more sets if i dont feel &quot;tired&quot; or worn out after each workout? im doing two sets but i dont want to overwork myself.

Don't worry so much about stuff. Two sets is fine, unless you start to have trouble sleeping and you feel like you are getting a cold - then you might be overworking it, but I doubt two sets is going to kill you.

Doing your 5 RM for a few weeks isn't going to harm you either. At the point of your 5 RM, you won't have to worry about RBE for quite a while. Besides, you'll likely gain strength and find that you can increase the weight after a few workouts, since your 5 RM will go up.

Even though your'e not eating enough, it's strange that you haven't seen ANY results. My first cycle I put on some size and gained a boat load of strength eating only 2-3 meals a day. (My post workout meal was a handful of jelly beans and a protein shake during my first cycle)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">EDIT: should i do more sets if i dont feel &quot;tired&quot; or worn out after each workout? im doing two sets but i dont want to overwork myself. </div>

No. Feeling tired is not the goal. Gaining strength and muscle is your goal. Do everything to maximise the latter and minimise the former. Trust me.

<div>
(tocamjapan @ May 23 2006,06:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Even though your'e not eating enough, it's strange that you haven't seen ANY results. My first cycle I put on some size and gained a boat load of strength eating only 2-3 meals a day. (My post workout meal was a handful of jelly beans and a protein shake during my first cycle)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">EDIT: should i do more sets if i dont feel &quot;tired&quot; or worn out after each workout? im doing two sets but i dont want to overwork myself. </div>

No. Feeling tired is not the goal. Gaining strength and muscle is your goal. Do everything to maximise the latter and minimise the former. Trust me.</div>
my shirts have been kinda tight in the past couple of weeks but on the scale i dont see it moving past 140.

Back