going to try twice a day - 3 times a week

wimp_yee2

This will be my fourth cycle. I will be skipping the 15's this time because I did quite a few during 5 weeks of UD.
Whatcha think of
AM)
BB Shoulder Press
Dip
BB Curl
Machine Row
Deadlift (*)
PM)
DB Bench
Pullup
Tri Extension
Lateral
Squat (*)
Leg curl
I will need to alternate (*) exercises at some point. Probably after first week of 5's based on previous experience.
I'm thinking 2 sets of everything except for (*). They will be one set each when I'm doing both.

FYI - I'm almost 40 and pretty new to all this. About a year of working out. I'm pretty convinced that I respond to best (at this point) to volume higher than the baseline 2X10 and 3 X 5 at once per day 3 times per week. But I don't seem to be able to keep the intensity up for more than around 45 minutes.

Two words of advice...

1) Do the 15's. They can never hurt but always help. Especially if you are relatively new to lifting.
2) Eat more if you start 2 a days.

To get the most out of your 2 a day cycle, I would do only one set but work out 5 to 6 times per week. You might also consider switching the laterals to shrugs to hit the traps more directly.

As baby a said, you will have to eat well. 2 a days are very demanding. It is not a cycle for 'wimps.'
laugh.gif

Back