"Good at SD"?

Pikehunter

I had a quick question regarding a couple of posts I have read where HST'ers have mentioned things like being "good at SD" or implementing a "good SD plan". This confuses me because I didn't think SD really involved anything but taking 9 days off after the negatives. Is there more to SD than i'm reading?

Thanks for any help.

It's sort of a joke. People that say that they are good at SD mean that they can sit around and do absolutely nothing during the SD period. Since you want your muscles to decondition to stimulus during SD, the less you use them, the better. A construction worker would be considered "bad at SD" because he would have to continue to use his muscles to work.

It's sort of a joke. People that say that they are good at SD mean that they can sit around and do absolutely nothing during the SD period. Since you want your muscles to decondition to stimulus during SD, the less you use them, the better. A construction worker would be considered "bad at SD" because he would have to continue to use his muscles to work.

Hahaha. Thanks very much for the response. I guess I showed i'm "good" at being an HST newb! Still learning...

This is my second week of SD and I itching to get back into the gym. I just can't stand the thought of losing any muscle...nevertheless, this time as in times past, I'm always better off kicking off a new cycle deconditioned.

Back