Had to skip a session

Discussion in 'Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)' started by Myrrhman, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Myrrhman

Myrrhman New Member

How fucked am I if i have to skip a session? It's either A) Do it another day (hard to explain but I have a tight schedule) and shortening my Strategic Deconditioning from 9 to 7 days or B) Do nothing about it and have my normal 9-day Strategic Deconditioning.

I won't be able to go to the gym today because of work and it would had been the third day of the last 2 weeks of the whole HST cycle.

2. grunt11

grunt11 New Member

I wouldn’t worry at all about missing one session.

IMO a 9 day vs 7 day SD is much more important than missing several sessions.

If you haven’t already missed it you could do a little extra volume on the workout before the missed session to take advantage of the extra rest or just use the extra rest for recovery from your normal routine.

As for the weights just skip the weights for the missed session and pick up where you normally would have been so that you end your micro cycle with the proper RM.

3. Totentanz

Totentanz Super Moderator Staff Member

As grunt said, I'd be more worried about the SD. You want your SD to be 9 days. So skip the session if necessary and as grunt said, you could up the volume on the workout prior.