Help me finalize my work out

cannibustacap

I want to try this HST and I have read all the philosophy and it sounds very interesting to me. However, I find the actual directions on how to actually do HST is very vague and filled with medical terms.

Can someone take a look at my routine and critique?

I have been working out consistently for the past 6 months. This past week I have taken a break because of finals. I am not 100% sure about my max's, but its a good estimate. I don't want to find my maxs and take another 14 day break. I don't want to waste time.

Right now, my ultimate goal is to lose fat. I am 6'3" 230 lbs (came from 260 lbs). I still need to lose another 30 lbs.

My old training: 2000 calories a day (no matter what the source, but tried to be healthy) spread meals out. Worked out 3 time a week, high reps. Did a upper and lower body split.

Now I want to try HST/HSN to lose fat and gain muscle if my body allows. What HSN plan do you recommend? Calories per day, etc.

How do you like my HST workout plan?

Also, any newb advice would be greatly appreciated. I am used to pyramid lifting philosophies and regular #### I learned when I was in High School football.

To expand on a few things: Calf.. I use a really hard machine. The weight I use depends on the machine.
Chin ups and Triceps, I use one of the gravity machines to take weight off of me. The maxes are very estimated.

I don't think I need to focus too much on my legs. My legs are HUGE (muscle-wise, not just fat). I really think Squats and Calves are enough, but I used to do a lot of dead lifts.

Any lifts I should add? Thanks..

Also, how many calories should I consume too?

Also what supplements?

Currently I take about 6 grams of fish oil (omega 3/6). 2-3 grams after every meal.

1 Centrum Performance multi-vitamin
1 Vitamin C
2 Vitamin B complex

Anything to add?

(PS. I cross posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry. Delete the other one if you want, I don't care)

Thanks a lot guys..

quote from Diet and Nutrition
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Calories should be high. Take bodyweight and multiply it by 18 or 20 depending on fat gain. This should give you about 500 to 1,000 above maintenance. Protein should be at least 0.8-1 gram per pound of bodyweight. Avoid saturated fat (within reason).
you have to try it and find for yourself. if you feel you're gaining too slow, up the cals. if you feel you're getting fat, remove some cals.

there's also a link there about pre-post nutrition

How about my workout regiment? Does it seem like a good fat-loss schedule? Is it excessive because I probably won't get much muscle gain when cutting?

Back