Hey guys i'm back but im soooo much weaker now... :( Opinions needed

Greenlantern11B

I had to take these medicines for TB and they've made me weaker.

before leaving afghaniland:

flat bench: 240lbs x5
pullups: 35lbs x5
chinups: 35lbs x5
BOR: 180lbs x5
Incline benchpress: 210lbs x5
Military Press: 145lbs x5
dumbell curls- 55lbs x5
barbell curls- 110lbs x5

Now:
flat bench: 225lbs x5 <------WTF
pullups: 30lbs x5 <---no more weighted belt... I use a backpack now
chinups: 30lbs x5
BOR: 180lbs x5
Incline benchpress: 200lbs x5
Military Press: 135lbs x5
dumbell curls- 60lbs x5
Shrugs- 245lbs x5
barbell curls- 110lbs x5 <-felt like i could do more today

I've actually been through a couple cycles since being back and i didn't SD though. I did one with low carbs high fat. Couldnt progress but wasn't getting weaker so I added carbs. Then I added carbs and got my bench from like 205-225 but i seem to have stalled. I just went from last day of 5's to improved 10's. Once again, no SD.

I've decided to stop taking these medicines. I came back at 185lbs now im up to 201-205lbs.

what do you guys suggest I do? Eating a lot is also harder because I do regular military pt, then m,w,f lift, and on certain days I go do some boxing training. Lots of cals burned but i bought a healthy weight gainer. :D

"I decided to stop taking these medicines"

Is your TB confirmed to be completely gone? "Feels better" doesn't mean "is better".

As long as you're not sick anymore, then I guess you're fine, but I'd be more than cautious if I was diagnosed with TB.

Reread your question and deleted what I just wrote.

If you're not SDing, then no wonder you're not satisfied. If you can't SD, then deload (which is kind of what you're doing by going back to the 10s), and IMO, you seem more interested in strength as you're worried about your numbers, so you might want to focus on a strength protocol where you can deload instead of SD (because obviously you can't SD when you've got PT and humps to do). Many good strength programs share principles with HST (progressive resistance is a big one). Wedler's 5 3 1 I've heard is epic and it's pretty easy to understand if you understand progressive resistance as it uses % of your rep maxes while it decreases rep range (as HST does).

Honestly, your stats aren't THAT much lower than before, which is good. Reexamine your goals and as long as you're on a caloric surplus and training smartly, you should be good to go. The weight gainer should help ya out but remember to try to eat more on the days you're doing more.

Last edited:
I dont train legs anyways, so I can SD. Only problem is the pushups and pullups but I dont think that should really affect SD since its just body weight. And yeah I do try to eat more on lifting days. I bought a foreman grill but i only have a mini fridge so theres only so much i can hold in it. i've been cooking ground beef and chicken breast with it. My ex is the one that got me interested in them and for that I thank her.

Back