How Do You Feel After Your Workout?

ajntorinj

I've never really been particularly keen on what my body has tried to tell me, so I thought I'd throw this question out there. I'm currently thinking "Ready for More" is how one should feel post-workout, but I'd really like to hear what the HST vets have to say about the matter. Thanks.

Sometimes I'm exhausted (but not "near-death exhausted"), sometimes I'm pumped and ready for more, depends on what part of the cycle I am.

During early 10's, for example, I accomplish my routine in far less than 45 mins... just around half an hour in fact, minimal rests, just go supersets after supersets.

Post 5's are a different matter of course. Sometimes, during off days, it takes me almost an hour to finish them, and I feel pretty exhausted. I don't feel like I'm going to die, but in all cycles of HST I've done, the post 5's always make me feel exhausted enough to say "Whew! What a work out, it felt great, but i'm sure as hell glad it's over and I got through it!"

-JV

Its hard to describe really. Mentally I'm wired, feeling very alive and focused. Physically I'm usually trembling and feeling weak but in a good way. Its a bit of a buzz.
Jazzer :)

I feel great after my workouts. It's mostly visual and so on. I'm all pumped up and feeling very confident about how i look. I love 2/3'rds through the workout when my arms, shoulders, and chest are all pumped. Makes me feel like a badass, lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_dark_master @ Aug. 04 2005,7:44)]Other - Up for a shag (It must be the *PUMP*)
LOL

Yeap, not right after though after the Post Workout shake an a shower
thumbs-up.gif

I feel pretty good, pumped and a little fatigued (that's why I'm dropping isolations this next cycle).
After each workout with neg's I feel like I got hit by a truck though.
crazy.gif

Yeah, negatives are wiping me out. I haven't had this much soreness in my chest in a long time... and my lats have never been this sore.

When i was doing HST, i was tired only after doing maxes. Nowdays i`ve changed to basic 4-split routine. Usually i feel exhausted in a good way and rest of the night i feel tired. But in a good way because then i know that i`ve put all my energy to the training.

Funny, dont ask me how but last saturday i forget to drink my postworkout drink. I was really confused why I felt so beaten up all evening
tounge.gif
It really works :D :D

I could only vote once, but I would have to say I am pretty beat after a workout, but I could still do a lot more - like lift more or run 5 miles. I am on 5's right now. Originally, I had it set I would do two sets per exercise, but for some of them (chest and back) I am doing 3 sets. Time at the gym takes a bit longer with all that rest time between sets!

It depends, but on the whole I'm pretty drained and glad to wrap it up, but I feel accomplished. Shortly after my pulse slows and I cool down, I grow very hungry. Sometimes I'm horny for awhile after my training, but that all depends on whether or not my mistress is around.
tounge.gif

I've never once thrown up, nor do I want to. That's idiotic, as far as I'm concerned. I like my food going down only. Going back up is for the birds.

I've almost thrown up a few times in the past. During the later parts of the 5s and through the negatives, after I do my metabolic work, sometimes I can get pretty dizzy. I almost never have a problem working out again the next day though, if I'm doing that sort of frequency at the time.

After SD, during the 15s, I try to get everything done in around 45 mins and so I often feel like throwing up! 10s are great. Usually feel all-over tired and ready for a feed. 5s are similar but I often feel like I have just been steamrollered after deads or squats.
smile.gif
Again, a feed is on my mind.

I dread deads! But yeah, feel darn good after working out! Only really feel too tired on some days, but those are days one is not really onto the lifting vibe, they just happen!
sad.gif

I otherwise love the feeling afterward, a sense of completion and accomplishment, execept after deads, they really are darn hard!
biggrin.gif

I usually feel pretty pumped after the workout and could do more. I get in and out in under a hour and still have the caffeine working when I leave. I find the compounds tend to creep up on me though. I really start feeling the effects later that night or even the next day. At that point, I know I got something accomplished.
smile.gif

Keystone

I said other cause it depends on whether in doing 15s, 10s, or 5s.

15s seem to kill me, I really have felt I wanted to vomit sometimes - prolly from dehydration. I workout 1st thing in the AM.

I feel like I get my best workout during the 10s.

5's leave me feeling like I didn't accomplish anything, like I should go back & do another set . . . until I wake up the next morning and the DOMS set in.

If i'm bulking, I usually feel fatigued but not enough to hinder the rest of the day/night. Feel really pumped though, esp after doing burnsets (after my actual workout).

If i'm cutting, I feel like ****. Actually, not really. I used to do hiit at the end and leave the gym, which then made me feel like I was gonna die. After reading one of the faqs that lyle commented on, I started doing a light job after hiit then some medium speed running. This made me feel a teeny bit better, but still exhausted.

Back