How far Can I go?

MoDog

Hey folks,
I'm in my 4th HST-Cycle and made great gains so far (about 10 Kilos or ca. 22 lbs). Im 6'1'' and my weight is 215lbs at an estimated bf of 15%. Im a little schizo about puttin on too much fat, while on the other side I panic likewise, if the scale doesnt move anymore. Right now I'm consuming bout 3,500 Cals and Im growing, although it doesnt seem that much for a 215 lbs-guy (maybe I got a slow metabolism). In fact, its enough to gain 3-4 Kilos in 8 week cycle. My question to you is: Which "fat increasement rates" are acceptable for you while youre bulkin?

Standard gains if your healthy, etc. should be no more than 1 lb./week unassisted by drugs. I just finished a bulk, my plan was to bulk slowly 1 lb./week and stop when I got to 18% bodyfat. Unfortunately I bulked a little too fast and I am 18% already! So now I am cutting, cause I can't stand being flabby around the waist. If I was really concerned with gaining mass, I would probably let myself go up to 20%, but this is too much for me. I am going to cut down to a lean 10% or less and then next time bulk more slowly (trying to gain mostly just lean mass) and stop before I lose too much definition...14-15% tops.

Back