How many hours between sessions during two a days?

speedy5323

I am currently doing a two a day split and wondering if there is any guidlines regarding how long to wait. I've heard some say 4 hours is best while others argue 6. I am very tedious as far as recovery drinks and meals go pre, during, and after workout, so I am nutritionally aiding recovery as best I can. I know some do a AM PM split, however, my school gym is open from noon -8 during the summer, so it's looking like workouts a little closer together will be the only option for these. Any insight is appreciated.

Put your workouts within the same day as far apart as your schedule will allow you to put them. Shoot for a minimum of 6 hours.

I just read a study lately which I cannot find now, but it suggested that a minimum of 6 hours was optimal for repeat workouts. They were actually showing that after six hours there was little or no evidence of ability during the second workout.

As always, make sure you warm up properly before starting either session.

Mike

I've been doing an AM/PM split for almost 2 yrs. My AM is at 11am and my PM at 4:30 PM. Don't know if that is optimal but it fits my schedule.

Sometimes the PM session can be really tough to get through during the 5's but I'm guessing the problem is more my age (52) or the number of sets I do in a day during 5's (24 - AM, 21 - PM). Working on cutting down the number of exercises I do but just hate to give up any of them . :confused:

Firm

Firm, you're caught up in the doom loop. Time to make a change and experiment with lighter volume. Worst case scenario is that you will not gain anything but you won't lose anything either.

Take a look at my next cycle: Here

Back