how to change my HST cycle when on Steroids?

choco

Hello !
This is my current routine without any steroids !
My routine:

Dead-Lift
Squats
Flat Bench Press
Military Press
Chinups
Dips
Crunches

I make this every other day, so im in the gym 3 or 4 times per week.
1st week 1 rep 15 sets
2st+3st week 2 reps 10 sets
4st+5st week 3 reps 5 sets
6st+7st week 3 reps 5 sets with my 5rm (or more load if possible)

(then sometimes 6weeks a 5x5 routine)

then 7-14 days SD

---------------------------------------------------
Now i want to ask you guys how i should set up and change my routine when im using

a)6 weeks oral-turinabol 50mg/ed
or
b)12 weeks testosteron 250mg/e5d

I hope somebody can really help me, because hst works naturally very good, so with steroids it will be work waaaay better, or am i wrong and should use a old fashioned split/pyramide routine when im using steroids ?

greets

If it ain't broke, why fix it? The only change you might want to do while "on" is that you can do longer cycles without SD and you can probably workout more often, perhaps even every day.
biggrin.gif

You also might want to reconsider that oral stuff. Tough on the liver. With those relatively light test injections, you could probably stay on a lot longer than 12 weeks with the proper post cycle treatment also. However, I leave that to someone who thinks he knows more than most doctors to advise you on that.
rock.gif

old and grey thats all true, thanks for input! my dosages are only for example. Please DO NOT DISCUSS STEROIDS, PLEASE ONLY DISCUSS THE TRAINING PART !
----------------------

SO, that the cycle should be longer without SD that i know but my problem is:

1)how i can set up a such long cycle ?? how would this look like ?

and after the 12 weeks of testo enanthat i cant go in sd because of post cycle therapy, and also i wont to cut down the weights. because my goal is to gain weight and keep it. so my cycle for a 12 week testo enanthat for example must consist of 16-20 weeks pct included.

But you are right, a 16weeker would be better so:

HOW TO SET UP A HST ROUTINE WHICH WILL LAST 20 WEEKS WHILE IM USING STEROIDS
rock.gif

greets

Example1:

so for a 13 week example:

1st week 1 rep 15 sets

and then from beginning:

8st+9st week 2 reps 10 sets
10st+11st week 3 reps 5 sets
12st+13st week 3 reps 5 sets with my 5rm (or more load if possible)

I think this WONT work, or would this be ok ? because after 7 weeks i will have higher RM`s..... but when i do like this, the weights will change from week 7 to 8 from very heavy to very light. so i think this wont work !? and would not be optimal !

Example 2:
I can add in this programm:,

1st week 1 rep 15 sets

some weeks with 12 and 8 reps (but that wouldnt be long enough anyway)
and then dont add load every 2 trainingdays but every 3 or 4 days
rock.gif

and should i also add more reps from the beginning of my steroid cycle for every exercise? also without going to failure while on steroids? (i will train 4-5 times per week)

So far so good, i hope you see whats my problem and what im thinking. so please give me some advices how i can set up a good 16-20 week long hst cycle while im on steroids.
eventually someone here who has made this before?

greets

I would just continue on an extra 3-4 weeks with my 5 rep max which will undoubtedly increase as you progress anyway and then, if possible, add in at least 2 or more weeks of 5 rep negatives using my 2 rep maximum. If you can't do negatives, drop down to 3 rep maxes and work on your neural strength. I believe, though I can't point to studies, that neural strength gains will last longer post cycle than hypertrophic gains.

ok so if i would do this this would be fine eventually
biggrin.gif
but after that my pct is required !!! and i think i must train as heavy as when i`m "on" to keep the most of my gained bodyweight ! so how to go with my cycle in pct?

that would be several weeks with 5 sets !!
biggrin.gif

should i also add more reps from the beginning of my steroid cycle for every exercise ?
also without going to failure while on steroids?

thanx for your inputs !

choco, its funny, i think i am looking into a similar tbol cycle...(6-8 weeks)

anyhow, i plan on starting it mid 10s and extending 5s and negs as much as possible. as for pct i will probably start mid 10s again and go to my new 10RM and then do the 5s at my new 5rm. remember you want to keep the weights heavey during pct.

HST takes care of the problem with RBE. If you're using AAS, RBE shouldn't be a problem. The only benefit I would see using the information is the whole body routines 3 or more times a week.

The repeated bout effect (RBE) refers to the adaptation whereby a single bout of eccentric exercise protects against muscle damage from subsequent eccentric bouts.

I would keep the routine roughly the same. You could try increasing volume a bit, but not too much. Don't go overboard on the weights though, you want to be able to maintain the weight on the bar during PCT. Since you are only using test and t-bol, PCT shouldn't be too hard. It'd be even better if you had some HCG to use throughout the cycle. During PCT, you'll probably want to drop volume a bit, but keep up the frequency and probably don't drop below the last weight you used.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Choco, I am curious as to how long you have been lifting?</div>
i have lifted 2 years long the a half year not. and since may 1st 2006 im back in lifting, with my second hst cycle. the first hst cycle was before i had to stop lifting for a half year because of personal things (studying and so on)

first cycle was something like &quot;vanilla hst&quot; (15/10/5) and this cycle is like i have described. with dips and chinups clustered up.... and something like sun-tzu described in this <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> thread: t=11919]LINK
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
why are you asking, are my questions so stupid ?
mad.gif
i hope not !
biggrin.gif
or are you asking because of the steroid thing ?

RBE = Repeat Bout Effect</div>

Read #3) Progressive Load in this link
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html
</div>
thanks all for the input about this, we have another word for this in germany....
tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">During PCT, you'll probably want to drop volume a bit, but keep up the frequency and probably don't drop below the last weight you used.</div>
thanks thats what i meant with
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">but after that my pct is required !!! and i think i must train as heavy as when i`m &quot;on&quot; to keep the most of my gained bodyweight !</div>
so this would be the same advance like im training with a regular split pyramid routine...

my problem was because i wanted to set up a longer cycle because i dont wanted to use my 5rm weights too long. so i have searched for some advices how to extend my cycle in the middle and not at the end to train so many more weeks with my 5rm`s...

Choco, I think you may have some translation problems with a couple of words. I think you have mixed up reps and sets. Reps (repetitions) refer to the number of times you lift a lower a weight within one set of any given exercise. For example, you may do 3 sets of an exercise and 5 reps within each set. This is commonly written in shorthand as 3X5.

Back to your qustion. You can always consider adding in a few weeks of 8 reps between your weeks of 10 reps and 5 reps to lengthen the time of your cycle. Also, you should not worry about extending the 5's to 4 to 6 weeks. The RBE sets in very slowly with heavier weights. You can also add on several weeks of negatives or even sets of 3 repetitions.

As to your using steroids with only 2 years of inconsistent lifting, that is your own personal decision and I won't bore you with my thoughts on that.

Just lift heavy but lift safely!
wink.gif

OH MAN !
You are so right, i have mixed up sets and reps ! i normally know the meaning because sets is in german words is : &quot;sätze&quot;, so its near the same pronuciation
tounge.gif

so you must change the word reps to sets and the word sets to reps in my first post !
Man i`m so stupid that i write such a crap !! this gave only much missunderstoods !

thanxs, but i want to start the cycle maybe later, eventually in january 2007
wink.gif
but we will see if it would be necessary then
wink.gif
i think at this point i asked only for information and educational interests.

so thanks man that you have told me the mistake with mixing up the words.... hmm nobody else has seen this ?
biggrin.gif

nice weekend

I would think that while on AAS you could increase the frequency and have no problem with 2x a day, 6 days a week (12x a week), though if I remember O&amp;G does that without AAS.

If I were going to run a long cycle, I would do an HST and 5x5 hybrid type workout. Take a normal 5x5 routine and just start out in the 15 rep range, go through the 10s, then into the 5s. You can cruise through the rest of your cycle with 5x5, doing the deloading, etc, when necessary. If I get some time later, I'll try to post something a little more well thought out for you.

totentanz
i think you mean i should do my normal hst cycle as i have described in my first thread. maybe lengthen it up with methods which are mentioned in this thread like doing 8reps and so on..... and then when im at the end of my 5reps week i should make a 5x5 programm like Bill Stars.... ?

was that your input ?

Back