how to change my HST cycle when on Steroids?

I have a couple minutes before I have to leave for work, so here are the basics. I'm laying out a more sophisticated plan for a friend of mine, but this is the gist of it:

I would start it out looking just like 5x5.
Mon + Fri
Squat
Bentover Rows
Bench
maybe some accessory work

Wed
Deadlift
Weighted Chins
Military Press

Start with 80% of your 15 RM, increment four times for the Mon/Fri using a 5% increase and twice for the Weds workout using a 10% increase, then repeat the same thing for the 10 RM. 2 sets for all main lifts during the 15s, except accessory work, of course. 3 sets in the 10s. Once you start the 5s, just make it a standard 5x5 cycle. Do the first phase for four-five weeks, one week of deloading, then the intensity phase. That will fill in at least 14 weeks for you. You'll be in PCT by then, so do another week of deloading and start the 5x5 over again at that point. That should carry you through PCT without much problem. Once it is time to deload again, PCT should be over and you should know how much of your gains were consolidated.

I'm sure you can fix it to be whatever you need.

<div>
(liegelord @ Jun. 02 2006,19:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I would think that while on AAS you could increase the frequency and have no problem with 2x a day, 6 days a week (12x a week), though if I remember O&amp;G does that without AAS.</div>
sorry man, in my opinion this is totally garbage for hypertrophy.
Because:
- most people have family,friends,girlfriend
- most people are going out
- most dont want to get loaded with 8000 calories per day
- most have a job

i think you see what i will say, eating and regeneration would be the missing point here !

has this boy who is doing this a log here going ? (maybe he has read too much in arnolds bible) *i`m just fooling*

Lol.
laugh.gif

Hey Choco...it would be great if you capture your gains with pics and a log book while on a cycle.

I dont know if we have had anyone really give us a lot of feedback while on hst and a cycle.

I have never done any AAS...but I have to admit it would be damn fun to try it out with HST.
biggrin.gif

@totentanz
thanks thats a &quot;fresh, new idea&quot; how to go !

Another question for you, when i train naturally, hst is great for gains and 5x5 is great for strength.
but when someone is planing to do some weeks(6-8) of an hst cycle and then switching directly to a 5x5 routine,
would the 5x5 routine then work as great for strength like when this person is doing it with sd between ?

(i ask, because this person will have trained the last weeks of the hst routine with maybe 3x5, so the 5x5 routine would not give this person much new stimulants and the 5x5 will maybe work, but not as good like when sticking to the 5x5 routine after maybe the 10rm day of hst)

@joe
i will do this definetely if i`m going to use some stuff ! but i think i will wait till i use something !

@oldandgrey
hey you are laughing about my opinion or about the arnold thing ? (i dont know if you know arnolds workouts, they looked similar to two times a day, 6 days a week. and he has written a BIG book thats named Bodybuilding bible)
biggrin.gif

Oh by the way I have the encycolpedia of bodybuilding by arnold......insane workouts....even for the gifted!

He does high frequency with really high volume...he must of had one great set of genes and genetics!

When training naturally and going from an HST cycle into a 5x5 cycle, you'll be fine. Just do a week of 5x5 style deloading after you conclude HST before you go into the real 5x5 cycle. That should take care of everything.

Choco, I wasn't laughing about your opinion or about &quot;the arnold thing&quot;. I was laughing at this statement:

&quot;has this boy who is doing this a log here going ?&quot;

I laughed because the boy in question (me) is going to be 61 years old next week.
laugh.gif

By the way, I found those workouts to be excellent but too exhausting to keep up with.

As for the Ahnold's Encyclopedia of BBing, it's as bad as trying to follow one of the workouts in any of Joe Weider's former magazines. They are only good for very heavy steroid users.
sad.gif

hey nice that you are lifting with 61 years of age !!!
so that the training part is fully discussed here in this thread for me, lets take a look at you. i have some questions for you, because a young bodybuilder (me for example 23) dont meet every day an old experienced lifter with long experience in lifting ! maybe you have some old friends who has lifted too !
so look at this:

how long are you already lifting and have you experiences from the past with steroids, if yes, what have you taken, how long and which health proplems do you have or some friends of you from using steroids ?

[the biggest point for me to NOT using steroids is that your heart will definetely grow too when using some aas. thats a point you cant deny ! (your heart is a muscle too with the same receptors then all other muscles).]

Choco, I have been lifting almost 50 years now and had met a few of the older generation bodybuilders. I started in 1957. Mike Katz, Mr. America, etc. and a star in the film 'Pumping Iron', has been a friend since we played football against each other in high school. He owns a gym 3 towns away from me and still has the biggest chest I have ever seen.

I have never taken illegal steroids myself but have become fairly familiar with them through study, etc. It scares me that some young people put stuff into their bodies when they don't even know what it is. Others seem to be very knowedgeable although they are still taking a risk just possessing steroids. However, that is their choice and not my business.
cool.gif

I do take Androgel that my doctor prescribes for declining testosterone production (partially due to age and partially due to having lost one testicle many years ago.) It keeps my levels in the &quot;mid to high&quot; normal range. I think everyone should have their levels tested since if you aren't making enough &quot;grow juice&quot; yourself, all the lifting in the world won't get you to where you want to be (although it will get you &quot;toned&quot; like Richard Simmons.)
laugh.gif

hey nice backround
biggrin.gif
... whats the name from the star from pumping iron, when you want to betray this ?

i like the movie, arnold comes into a gym and says to everyone hello, he says to everyone &quot;Hello BIG tony&quot; &quot;hello BIG jan&quot; &quot;hello BIG Robie&quot;
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

some actuall health problems from your &quot;older&quot; friends which has taken steroids?

greets

<div>
(choco @ Jun. 03 2006,15:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(liegelord @ Jun. 02 2006,19:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I would think that while on AAS you could increase the frequency and have no problem with 2x a day, 6 days a week (12x a week), though if I remember O&amp;G does that without AAS.</div>
sorry man, in my opinion this is totally garbage for hypertrophy.
Because:
- most people have family,friends,girlfriend
- most people are going out
- most dont want to get loaded with 8000 calories per day
- most have a job

i think you see what i will say, eating and regeneration would be the missing point here !</div>
Those reasons hardly make it &quot;totally garbage&quot; though choco. You grossly overestimate the time one would have to spend and the calories needed. Even on AAS the volume at that frequency would have to be low, I was not implying the volume would be high as Arnold did.

If you check out the 2x a day AM/PM routine threads, you'll see the volume is usually only one working set. When I did 2x a day I completed each workout in about 30 minutes. While calories need to be increased, I gained well on about 3200-3400 a day and I was over 210 pounds.

you could increase volume while on,but frequency should stay the same,people seem to think that gear turns you into superman,it doesnt your body still requires time to repair regardless of what your on,strength gains can come quickly so yeah your weight will shoot up but becareful with your joints on test as it can inrease protien synthesis dramatically(good) but it also decreases collagen synthesis(joints,cartelidge and tendons)by upto about 80%.so once you come off you will feel it.be safe and good luck.

I'd have to agree with ICARS about that - I was thinking of trying AA's but my heart doc poo-poo'd that idea (I'm on a pacer) and won't even give me HRT for my low test...and it is a BEEYATCH trying to make gains without natural test.
Guys in their 20's and 30's have all the test they need; I'd love to have that much. As for Old and Grey, I didn't know you were older than me: I love you man! Hang in there!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> I was thinking of trying AA's but my heart doc poo-poo'd that idea</div>

the heart is the biggest issue to think about if you are using aas or not. it WILL grow DEFINETELLY !!!!!
so everybody should think about what and how much stuff he is using or if he should use it !

Back