How'd you find HST

I Googled "hypertrophy research" with the intention of trying to read as much hard science as I could and formulate a work-out routine from scratch around my findings.  Thankfully the top two search results brought me to websites built by great guys like Dan Moore and Bryan Haycock had already done this formidable task for me, field-tested it, and continually contributed to its evolution.  I knew that what I had previously been doing was flawed and leading me nowhere except plateaus and injuries, but it seemed to be what all the big guys I knew were doing and I didn't know where to turn to for better answers with some substance behind them.  Now I've seen the light, and have been rewarded with fantastic results.  Thanks to all who contribute to this site.

I was looking around and found some info from xtrememass.com, and I read it and the info all seemed to make sence, good stuff.

I used to lift according to the rule, "Go heavy or go home". But during a lift some weeks ago, my spine made "click". I didn't want to stop so I started looking for something less brutal but equally efficient and came across HST. I must say I really like it.

someone posted on the HIT advocating board on cyperpump in 2002 about it...i went to the thinkmuscle site (if i remember correctly) and tried it out. got great results from the start =)

honestly i can't be entirely sure, but i think i saw an article of bryan's on another fitness website and it brought me here.. been a little off and on with lifting because of life events and such, but can't see myself with anything but hst for a long while

I was looking for "scientifically researched" info on muscle building using Google's advanced & scholar search options, came across something written by Bryan (or was it Dan?) anyhow, Googled their name and ended up at this site.

yeah i've pretty much tried alot out there, training every muscle group once per week, twice a week with heaps of volume, and i've pretty much every single article and theory out there (an exaggeration, but i've read aLOT haha), i gained mass as i was always progressively increasing weights in some way, but HST got me the most gains, i hope to get back up to the weight i was at!

HST is the real deal based on reality rather than "logical" theorizing.

I met this guy at the bar by my house once.. My roommate and I would go there to watch UFC fights and this guy was into MMA.. Somehow we were talking about working out and he started going off about some program and rambling away about numbers of sets and weights and weeks and blah blah (I was drinking and he just has coke).. All I remembered was "HST" so I searched for it on Google one day and decided to check it out.. found this site at the top of the heap

I came across HST on ABCBodybuilding.com. There was a discussion going debating the merits of full body workouts versus splits.

I have tried so many different protocols and they all worked to some degree. I am looking to find just a few that are the most effective so that I can alternate between them for variety. Not really seeking a holy grail but wanting to get down to a few really effective protocols is all. I have made my best gains on 5x5 (full body and IMO very similar to HST) and on two day splits working four days a week with moderate volume.

I still would use high volume splits on occassion since I find that I see more detailed results as far as head seperation on this protocol but not so much size and strength as the others I mentioned. I think the large number of exercises, angles and such has some merit to the final over all look. I have used 5x5 mostly for the bulk of my strength training.

Mistress Krista on Stumptuous.com referred to the Squats and Milk program -- doing 20 squats with your 10RM. I did a search and somehow (very luckily) ended up here.

I googled, "muscle hypertrophy" under the assumpton there must be something better out there and sure enough there was.

I was googling how to heal injuries. One of the links was to a post on the forum here on 15s.

I read an article on HST several years ago written by the HST admin "Blade" (Børge) on a norwegian fitness site. The fact that program was based on scientific surveys about hypertrophy caught my interest and I've used it since. So, thanks Blade.

I came across HST when looking for a new programe as I was stuck in a rut with my 4 day split training. Only on my first week of it, and looking forward to see how it goes! Must admit 15 reps is a lot tougher than I thought! But no pain no gain!

I was looking for a spreadsheet for Prilpen's Table where I could plug in my numbers for olympic weightlifting and found the spreadsheets that are locked for editing. lol

My Coach made up a schedule for me, telling me this is HST. So i began to read about it, finding out he did it all wrong :D I'm about to start with my 3rd cycle tomorrow, made some pretty impressive progress already. Thanks :)

I found out about HST while browsing on a different forum about bodybuilding techniques. I found it interesting and started doing some research about it.

Back