HSN - is there any scientific proof?

A lot of guys wonder what would happen if a meso turned Bb'er. I can't say who all is, but one I know: Paul Dillet. I'm sure there are others.
O&G, I missed that point about single sets and set off on my thing, but I'm glad I did...I'm keeping that setup for later; I think it's solid. I've been wondering what it would be like to just do 1/2 hr. workouts, but daily.

<div>
(Fausto @ Jan. 06 2007,16:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I remember posting here,whatever happened to my message?</div>
It was too profane and insightful!
laugh.gif

I think there were two threads of the same title. You may have posted in the other one that has been closed and sent here.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">''most of us have known &quot;that guy&quot; who NEVER works out, but is built like a pro Bb'er, or very nearly so''

I have never met anyone like that.</div>
My sisters ex-husband never lifted a weight and he was 5'11&quot;, 225 lb at about 12% BF when he was in his early 20's.  He is just a naturally big muscular guy.  If he would have just cut some fat he would have looked huge at around 215.  I could only imagine how big he would have gotten if he worked out.  did he look like a bodybuilder?  I guess that depends on how you look at it.  Did he look like a pro bodybuilder? No.  Did he look like he lifted weights regularly even though he didn't?  Yes!  He is bigger than a lot of guys I know that workout regulraly.

Some people are naturally more muscular... some guys who look like they are really just store fat all over their bodies instead of mostly in their gut, which makes them look bigger than they actually are too. I've known people like that.

To second what Tot said.

I saw a old friend of mine at the gym the other day. The guy is naturally skinny about 6 foot 1 inches and probably 170 pounds.

Now he is own AAS and he is weighing at 200 pounds.

When I first saw him I thought damn...he has gotten big.

Then later in the locker room he took his shirt off and while he has gained a lot of weight he is extremely soft and has zero cuts!

He just doesn't have the muscle maturity that comes with long years of lifting.

So like Totentanz said he would be a great example of a guy when I first saw him I thought he was much more muscular when in fact the has built some muscle but lots of other weight gain.

The two meso's I knew had real good-looking muscle...with very little fat: a body to win over years of BB'ing. That's why I said true mesomorph. Most of us as I understand it are combinations of this and that. I was like, SO jealous!

I think scientists should study these guys, dissect them and all that; find out why they're like that, so we can copy it.
(I said I was jealous...)

I've known one kid who was naturally muscular, but he also worked out. His build looked a lot like lcars, the kid had only been lifting for a year or so. Everyone else I've known who looked big was actually fat, so I'd figure people like that are a rarity. If this kid got on AAS in a few years, he could some day be in the top ten in the Olympia, I would wager...

A descriptive I looked up:
The MESOMORPH
Athletic
Hard Body
Hourglass Shaped (Female)
Rectangular Shaped (Male)
Mature Muscle Mass
Muscular Body
Excellent Posture
Gains Muscle Easily
Gains Fat More Easily Than Ectomorphs
Thick Skin

The Mesomorph Body

The mesomorph has well-defined muscles and large bones. The torso tapers to a relatively narrow and low waist. The bones and muscles of the head are prominent. Features of the face are clearly defined, such as cheek bones and a square, heavy jaw. The face is long and broad, and is cubicle in shape. Arms and legs are developed and even the digits of the hand are muscled.

Other Traits of the Mesomorph

The skin of the mesomorph is thick and the mesomorph tans well. The hair is heavy in texture.

Famous Mesomorphs

Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, the majority of Mr. Universe winners.

Don't forget that the categorization also includes basic personality traits. If I remember correctly, mesomorphs are supposed to be charismatic and compassionate - natural leaders. Seems contrary to what we've seen in the political history of the United States...

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 07 2007,17:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">What a stupid way to categorize people.</div>
Hey, I didn't make them: and since there's a huge difference between ecto and endomorphs, and their diets have to be so different, their life expectancies are different, medical histories different, I suppose it's a necessary evil, not a stupid one. It would be stupid NOT to categorize. It's not name-calling, after all.

Tot: ya mean Ah-nold isn't gonna be our new future prez?

I agree, categorizing is a must since technically there are these 3 body types although no one is a true type, everyone has a measure of each, but more of one type than the others thus being categorized ecto, endo or mesomorph.

It is not at all stupid, darn, if there were no categories how the hell would I classify my bacteria and fungi
laugh.gif

People too can easily fit into any one of these 3 categories, I truly believe this to be accurate, even Tom Venuto talks about it in his BFFM book, now as far as I am concerned he's not into BS?
cool.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I agree, categorizing is a must since technically there are these 3 body types although no one is a true type, everyone has a measure of each, but more of one type than the others thus being categorized ecto, endo or mesomorph.</div>

Yes, outside the large bones (mine are normal), I represent the mesomorph in every way.
biggrin.gif

If everyone is a measure of each type and very few people are actually pure meso/ecto/endomorph, then clearly these classifications aren't very useful at all. I mean, let's look at some other methods of classifying people that actually do work. So sure there are people out there of multi-racial descent (I'm one of them), but the classifications are pretty clean cut when it comes to ethnicity for most of the population. You don't have over half the population being &quot;of indeterminate ethnicity&quot; or something like that. So I guess that's a more useful model for classifying people than bodytype.
Another one: Male and Female - those are two rather useful classifications, though there are people who are a mixture of each group... But they are rare, so this classification method would work for sorting at least 99% or some absurdly high percentage of the population.
Anyway, with the endo/meso/ecto classification method, at least 90% of the population is a mixture of each morphic type, and only 10% of the population actually fits into one of the models... It sounds pretty useless to me for classifying people. It won't even tell you who is predisposed to heart disease, blood disorders, osteoporosis or other disorders, as ethnicity or gender can tell you... because each person is going to be a mixture of endo/meso/ecto.
Heck, it won't even matter because the endo/meso/ecto classifications are static anyway. I'm sure most of us would be considered mesomorphs by common folk who just look at us, but how did we start out? Some of us started out as fat &quot;endomorphs&quot; while others like me were stick thin &quot;ectomoprhs.&quot; Unlike gender or ethnicity, which do not change over time (yes, transsexuals, but they are still technically their birth gender on a chromosomal level, and yes, you might point to Michael Jackson for the ethnicity thing, but whatever...)

Hmm... where was my point? I lost it somewhere. Anyway, the whole point of classifying or categorizing people is so you can determine what most of them are like. Since the whole ecto/endo/meso thing actually applies to very few people, it's useless. You won't see it in the taxonomy books any day soon, I hope.

If labeling people by 'bodytype' is useful for you, then go ahead. I just find it ridiculous and USELESS. What is my bodytype? ME.

My goal is to take the ME bodytype and train it and increases its lean mass and strength. It doesn't matter what 'type' you call ME, I still have the same goal.

If Tom Venuto likes to use this limiting idea, fine, good for him, I don't see a reason for it though.

I think I started this mess as a unicorn hunt. There IS that fabled body type out there that has it easy, but Tot is right; it's not a functional classification for the rest of us. Still, it seems to me that my business partner (an endomorph for sure) would totally EXPLODE on even half of my diet, and I would starve on his. As for exersize, one program fits all, even men and women. Just different weights. Oh,...there it is again: I've seen a woman who could outlift me!
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hmm... where was my point? I lost it somewhere. Anyway, the whole point of classifying or categorizing people is so you can determine what most of them are like. Since the whole ecto/endo/meso thing actually applies to very few people, it's useless. You won't see it in the taxonomy books any day soon, I hope.</div>

The classifications are not functional whatsoever. They only deal with one's bodyfat percentage and maintenance levels and do not tell us anything but a vague answer. The point of using such classifications is to provide a good estimate of what the future holds for one's body after a period of dieting, be it a bulk, cut, or somewhere in between.

Back