HST 1st timer

36"!!!! I have NEVER seen anyone do dips THAT wide, you must be a freak of nature Quad. I have very wide shoulders, and I couldn't do those cause it would resemble bodyweight flyes!!! (32" is max legal bench grip width in PL)

My take on the whole wide-grip, narrow-grip issue is to go somewhere in between, where it feels comfortable, and just keep working on it until you can shift some heavy loads.  I'm adding 60kgs right now during 5s but I am cutting so next cycle I intend to start pushing it up (assuming I don't add too much bodyweight too quickly). I'm hoping I can get to adding 80kgs for 5s before the end of the year.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 08 2007,15:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">36&quot;!!!!  I have NEVER seen anyone do dips THAT wide, you must be a freak of nature Quad.  I have very wide shoulders, and I couldn't do  those cause it would resemble bodyweight flyes!!! (32&quot; is max legal bench grip width in PL)</div>
You just made me go to the bar and check it...yep, 36&quot; is right, the cradle on my machine has my hands at a 45-degree angle (like a corner railing) and it's 36 from one heel to the other. Thumb to thumb, it's about 32&quot;, and I imagine that's how you guys are measuring.
My lady measured my shoulders at 21&quot; across, ac joint to ac joint. When I first did dips I could barely do 3 at BW.
You got to whip it. Whip it good.

I think i failed on lockout that workout... i've bumped my dips up in the workout order i got all 15 reps this time, yay, lol.

SD = no activity at all i think. So no it wasn't a full SD. I did light cardio a few times some light-light bar complexes... nothing that would strain my CNS. It worked for me.

I'm definetly going to reduce the exercises for 10's and then 5's... to what extent will depend on my conditioning... it's getting back up there i had an awesome workout for S3..

<span style='color:DarkRed'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>HST</span></span>
Session 3 (S3)
TGIMFF

Weight room: 4:45pm-5:45pm, cardio not included.

<span style='color:DarkRed'>I will be typing total poundage for lifts, so if it's dumbells divide by 2 to find what I used in each hand. If I did a warm up set, it will be in grey following my scheduled 15 rep set.

p = plate = 45lbs
</span>

DB Bench: 120x15 <span style='color:SlateGray'>80x15</span>
BB Row: 125x15 <span style='color:SlateGray'>45x12</span>
RomDL: 145x15 - these are awesome
DB OHP: 110x15
Dips: BWx15
BTN Lat Pull Down: 130x15
Leg Press: 4px15, 4p+50x15, 6px15
Sled Calves:10px15, 12px15, 14px20, 16px20
Tricep Press Down: 110x15
cambered bar curl: 70x15
DB Shrugs: 190x15
Decline Crunches: BW+5x15

Oh and I added a few sets of hammer curls, decline DB skull crushers too... I wouldn't be doing all this if i wasn't cutting. Trying to make my body hold onto as much LBM as I can and burn cals.

Cardio: 20 minutes of tread mill walk post lifting up to 4.0 speed. A little over a mile distance. 15+ minutes of stretching after.

6:48pm out of gym

I've posted this on my log/home board... i'll show u guys were i'm coming from and where i'm going...

ComparisionProgress4EF.jpg

I wish I'd take my real fatty pics though... I never want to until i'm a few weeks into dieting, lol

Back