HST Ab Work and Bowflex

mciarlo1287

I recently heard about HST and can hardly wait for Monday 3/7 to start working out again after a 9 day break. I am 5'7" 143lbs. I began working out in October and gained 5-7 pounds using a regular workout routine. However, I have a few questions.

1. I use a bowflex, and recently had to order more weight becasue I was maxing out the machine with 210lbs. For three of my excersises I am maxed out on the weight, and could probably stand to add another 5-10 lbs. for my 5RM for calf raises and trap shrugs. Therefore I decreased the weight marginally (5 pounds) for the 10RM to try and balance the weights and maintain the basic principles of HST. Until I get more weight, will that be ok to be successful with HST?

2. The ab workouts for HST require resisted crunches. However, I find the bowflex isn't comfortable for my elbows and wrists becasue I need to use more weight than my bi's and tri's can handle. (I can only curl 30-40lbs) Is there anyway to incorporate HST methods with ab and oblique workouts using my own bodyweight?

Back