HST advice

Ruben_pereira

today im back on the 15's after a long break from the exams etc.

im going to take the "simplify and win" approach

Mondays & Fridays = Squats, Bench, Pullups, Shoulder press.

wednesdays= Deadlift, Dips, Rows, Shoulder press.

1 set for each for 2 weeks of 15 reps

can you lots double check if im going wrong ?

and another thing doing all this i notice im in the gym for maximum 25 minuites its mad, i dont feel i have maxed myself......just 3-4 excercises each session is this appropriate, i know simplify n win is a good theory, but is it too basic ?

no it's not considered too basic, because you are still applying a continuous progressive load over the weeks, as long as you keep it getting heavier and heavier and you EAT you should grow. just measure bodyweight each week, and adjust whatever is necessary (if you are definitely eating enough and gaining bodyfat only, adjust volume perhaps).

go for it!
biggrin.gif
sounds like a rock solid routine!

Routine looks good. When weights are lighter you'll finish quite fast, but when things get heavy you are going to thank for not having a dozen of exercises. If it is still too fast in the RM day then you probably can afford upping the weight and breaking some PBs just by increasing the rest between sets a bit.

Its a very good routine. Remember: its progressive load, not volume which is the main hypertrophy stimulus. The small number of exercises is a wise choice I think.

How many sets are gonna do for each exercise?

Personally I'd do 2 sets for 15s on a simplified routine. It's only 8 sets if you are doing four exercises so you will be done soon enough anyway. However, if you are really new to all this then one set during 15s will likely be enough to get you growing even on an abbreviated routine.

During the first week of 15s squeeze out a few more reps past 15 if it all feels too easy (it really shouldn't though if you have SDed correctly and calculated about 75% of your 15RMs as your starting loads). The last session of 15s (15RMs) should be pretty darn hard so you may not manage 2 full sets. Just do a set of 10 reps for the second set if you run out of gas.

HI Ruben

Lol really says the same thing I did on the pm I sent you, so now you just have to gauge how thing pan out!

Happy lifting!
wink.gif

Hi guys,

Im on the second week of the 15s, workout 2 for the week 2morro, i increased my calories from 2900 to 3500, im quite happy with the lifting progress i am making

i have put on 6.5 pounds of weight in the start of week 2 monday, i dont believe its muscle, but more like food storage in my stomach most probably, but nevertheless its a confidence booster. Im not on creatine.....(yet) but just on 6 meals a day, clean calories, chickens, red meat medium rare, rice, spaghetti, alot of apples and bananas protein shakes only on training days, fish baked beans, etc etc.

Serious Quadancer? that used to be recommended by Anthony ellis the body for life champion guy, i was on creatine before, i didnt use it wisely, because i forgot to come off it for after 2 weeks....but i see some strength gaines in the past with that, made me squat alot more, gave me more confidence aswell, but i havent touched the stuff in months, thanks quad.....u meant Roidz right ?

Ruben

Quad is pulling your leg, of course creatine is fine and the effects you are feeling are nothing but normal, carry on with 5g p/day!

Quad is the ultimate joker!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Ruben_pereira @ Jun. 02 2008,6:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">today im back on the 15's after a long break from the exams etc.

im going to take the &quot;simplify and win&quot; approach

Mondays &amp; Fridays = Squats, Bench, Pullups, Shoulder press.

wednesdays= Deadlift, Dips, Rows, Shoulder press.

1 set for each for 2 weeks of 15 reps

can you lots double check if im going wrong ?

and another thing doing all this i notice im in the gym for maximum 25 minuites its mad, i dont feel i have maxed myself......just 3-4 excercises each session is this appropriate, i know simplify n win is a good theory, but is it too basic ?</div>
Watch your low back. Squat&gt;Deadlift&gt;Squat can fatigue the back fairly quickly as the days go by.

Back