HST and protien

Joe.Muscle

Guys lately I have been having trouble getting in enought protein. I weigh a About 185 right now and if I was lean as I need to be prob 177. So I have been trying to get in 177 grams of protein a day..but its tough.

Any suggestions...or in all honesty do most of you guys not hit your target goal a day for protein or do you?

Thanks

you should atleast be taking in your body wieght. 1 gram of protein
per pound.
protein powders, protein bars are the easiest way to get there. not many people i know can manage to get all the protein they need from just food. i mean that would end up costing alot and it would be a challenge to eat that much.
ON whey protein is what i take. has all your aminos and bcaa's. go to your local gnc or whatever. helll on the front of this website they have protein powder. give that a look too.

it's very easy to get that much without powders.

A can of tuna on 2 slices of whole wheat bread with a cup of milk is almost 50 grams of protein. And that takes about 3 minutes to make and 4 minutes to eat.

Three whole eggs and 4 egg whites, plus some cheese, and you have another 40g of protein.

7 ounces of chicken and you have a ton of protein, like 60 grams.

A lean hamburger? Even more.

C'mon now.

yep, chicken, tuna, mackerel, light cheeses (cottage cheese,...), milk, veal,... all nice sources of tuna...

Here in Belgium I have to get them from foods, supps way too expensive (cheapest I can find is 100$ for 10,5lbs of 80% protein (made out of 50% casein, 25% egg, 25% whey)...

Whey proteins go around 120$ for the same amount... And that's just the basic ones, not the fancy names.

just make up a food plan what you should eat a day, make sure you get the proteins. Only a scheme will keep you in line.

Good fats can be a great source of muscle building calories too as well a good testosterone booster. People tend to shy away from all fats when, in fact, they should be eating more good fats.

Old and Grey just ordered a new batch of Whey protein as well as creatine. I use to take this stuff buy the truck load back in college but when I started my career in the workforce I have got more slack.

Okay so I im going to start getting at least 50 grams a day from a shake which should help a lot and I will keep you guys posted on the new improved protein intake...but as far as the creatine goes any thing I should or shouldn't be concerned with...???

Thanks Joe :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe.Muscle @ July 04 2005,1:47)]Guys lately I have been having trouble getting in enought protein. I weigh a About 185 right now and if I was lean as I need to be prob 177. So I have been trying to get in 177 grams of protein a day..but its tough.
Any suggestions...or in all honesty do most of you guys not hit your target goal a day for protein or do you?
Thanks
The way I look at it, as long as you're making decent gains your protein intake is good enough. If you want quicker gains you can take more protein, but as long as you're satisfied with your progress don't worry about it.
I've done really well on my first HST cycle, and I'm taking in about 120 to 150 grams per day. That's at a body weight of 230 (but a body fat percentage well past 30). I wanted to see if HST worked for gains - and so far it really has - before I tried to use HST for cutting fat.

JM, no problems associated with Creatine unless you develop diarrhea. Don't bother loading and cycling it either. Just make sure you get about 5 grams per day.

Thanks O&G yeah I have took creatine in the past with good results..so I figured why not try it with HST. I feel HST is the best plan for growth so I figured when I took creatine and got results I was severly overtraining so now that I am not...overtraining and will be taking creatine...I should look like arnold in just 3 weeks right..hehe
tounge.gif

How about your success with creatine?

Back