HST Archive? Posts from earlier?

Giant

Hi.

As the title says, is there an archive? Where can i read the older topics, for example from 2004, or earlier?

I don't know if we can go back that far anymore. The board was upgraded at one point and I think that there may have been issues with the data base. However, it was upgraded a second time to fix some problems, so may be this problem has improved...don't know.
Jvroig is the man in charge of the board, may be send him a PM to ask what the chances are of getting this to work.

O

As far as I can tell now, Ikonboard (the forum application we use) automatically prunes topics after a certain number of topics as opposed to date. That's why in the FYI forum, you can still see threads from 2002 (when the board got started), while in more active forums, you can only see 2006.

Even specifying "from the beginning" doesn't help when viewing topics, which is stupid, I know. I'll see what can be done, but it'll probably take a while. Ikonboard seems to think it's OK to just prune off topics that are old - or maybe there's some weird admin voodoo in the control panel I just am not accustomed to.

Searching for a specific thread breaks the boundary, meaning if you know exactly what you are searching for, it will show up even if it's dated 2002. That's not really very helpful, seeing as to how clumsy the search function in Ikonboard is, but at least it's something.

I'll keep you guys up to speed if there are any improvements on this.

Thanks for the heads up,

-JV

Have you guys ever thougth about switching the forum to something different? Maybe http://www.simplemachines.org/ ? Althought I'm sure you are aware of other options I just thought I would suggest it since it seems you have been fighting with this Ikonboard for quite some time now.

Yeah, switching is an option.

Just to be clear, I didn't start this board with Bryan. I just sort of inherited it when I volunteered to help fix the bugs/snags encountered.

Anyway, when stuff becomes totally unacceptable, then I'm sure we'll make the swtich. And fast.

Personally, I'm still hoping that when Ikonboard finishes it's PHP-based board, I hope it's loads better and hopefully migrating the board to that one would be so much simpler.

Regards,
-JV

Back