hst has jacked my appetite, is this normal

pack

I started this program about 5 weeks ago. My top lift for flat dumbells was 80 for 3 then. Wed i did 80 for 8. I love this type of training. Anyhow i was eating around 2700 cals a day, i'm 6'4 212 with 13%bf. I have been starving since i started this, so ive upped my cals to like 3500. Is this normal?

Yes. 2700 calories isn't nowhere near enough for someone your size, in my opinion. So it's probably a good thing you increased your intake. But I'm assuming you are trying to bulk. Are you?

At 6'4" and over 210, you should probably be eating around 4000 cals/day. I'm about the same height and weight and to add weight, I've been eating over 4000 cals/day.

Yes i am trying to add weight, hopefully in the form of muscle. Too get 4000 calories i would have to eat every 2 hours instead of the 3 i had been used to.

HST makes me hungery too. I think in an old post one of the experts said this is normal -- your body knows what it needs.

I would wright more but gotta go eat.

Bob

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pack @ Dec. 16 2005,3:28)]Yes i am trying to add weight, hopefully in the form of muscle.  Too get 4000 calories i would have to eat every 2 hours instead of the 3 i had been used to.
just eat more each sitting..you dont have to eat more often. :)

No expert, but yeah, I'd say it's normal. I've been doing HST for 5 weeks now, and yes, I'm trying to bulk a bit, and yes, I'm always hungry, LOL. :)

For reference, I'm 5'11", 195lbs, approx 12%BF. I've been eating between 3500 and 4000 cals per day, and gaining a pound to pound and a half a week. So far, it's with LITTLE BF increase, which is obviously what I'm shootin' for, hehe.

So I'd say at your current height and weight, quite a bit bigger than me, that yeah, 2700 per day is not nearly enough.

You are 6'4", I'm 5'8"... but I eat a little over 2,700 calories (2,800 - 3,200 a day) to gain weight. You are seriously under-eating.

And yes, HST will pretty much make you more hungry. No surprise there. Any activity that takes a lot of energy will make you crave for more food.

Back