hst + secondary training

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_dreadrok
  • Start date Start date
ya no dips, i did them in previous HST cycles and didnt feel i got significant work from them. I was pretty sure my form was correct. Maybe i can impliment them again if you really think they are worth another shot. but what about the strength training part. you think that will mess up my recovery, and ruin my HST goals?

You felt no significant work from dips? If bodyweight alone is not enough add weight. Add weight until dips feel significant work. If you can do (no injury or pain getting in the way), they are great. You could alternate Flat Bench with Dips. You can also alternate Chins with Rows to reduce the number of exercises if you think it is needed. You should also alternate Military Press with something since you are getting plenty of shoulder exercises with the planche training. Doing Military Press every workout, incline bench every other and your training MIGHT give you a hard time.
It is important to understand that everyone is different and recovery is not an exception. What might make me drop dead of overtraining might be not enough volume to trigger significant hypertrophy for you. So the best advice is to listen to your body and let it tell you if your recovery is being messed up.

ill finish this cycle then try dips for chest again,  but maybe still leave the tricep pulldowns.  Ya, overtraining is very scary, you put in lots of work, you get no benefits. so im really hoping to avoid it. maybe just to make sure ill only train the planche and stuff 2 times a week just to make sure.  I think the chins and rows together are feeling good in my back which never felt like it was getting enough work.  i guess ill just finish this cycle and see how it pans out.  So many decisions...
rock.gif

<div>
(dreadrok @ Sep. 29 2008,12:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">ya no dips, i did them in previous HST cycles and didnt feel i got significant work from them.  </div>
Further to what Electric said,
Use a wide grip for dips (keep elbows flared i.e. over hands) so the chest gets more of the work, that might have been why you didn't feel much work before.

Back