HST with a twist

FL - We hold the HST principles dear to our hearts & will defend them to the bitter end; or die tryin'
This does not mean we aren't open to new ideas/interpretations eg Max-stim
cool.gif

But you probably got jumped on 'cos any routine that doesn't implement the HST core principles alone aint HST, and only serves to confuse newbies - who further b*stardise the routines; then complain "HST don't work"
wink.gif

<div>
(ForLife @ Jan. 30 2007,04:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hi guys and gals, iv skimed through the site and looked into things and have came up with a new program that involves more freaqency except im doing a little more volume to the sample program. Its also a twist to the old style of training minus the huge volume. Im doing-

Chest,delts, tris
Back,bis, Legs

3 times a week with one days rest

For workout 1 im doing

2 x Incline bb press
2 x flat cybex machine press (as a change, I like it)
2-3 x Milatery press
1 x Laterals
2 x Rear delts (specific to me seeing I need way more rear delt development)
3 x Scull crushers or press downs

What do you think, I thinks its good and is going well. Does need some tweeking. For example im going to try out 3 sets on the milatery press.

Im leaning toward volume training but thanks to this site and some realisation that even after say 8 pressing sets on the chest you dont need a whole week to recover from it. Therefore I chose to split it into 3 seperate workouts. Im loving it, it keeps me hungry to do more and so far so good.

Thoughts?</div>
Give all that up. Start doing the 'vanilla' routine and make adjustments as necessary. That's what I did. Either way, good luck with your training

<div>
(stevejones @ Feb. 02 2007,17:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Give all that up. Start doing the 'vanilla' routine and make adjustments as necessary. That's what I did. Either way, good luck with your training</div>
Cosigned.

Do the basic workout that Bryan prescribes and after 8 weeks you will realize what we are all talking about.

Back