HST

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Aug. 13 2007,15:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">New study in Mensfitness this month shows were total sets over 3 days is no better than 2 days?

I don't like Muscle mags for research but they site there references.</div>
Don't read the mags all they do is point to some supplement. The mags give you some wonder exercise that won't do anything more for you than good solid compound exercise workouts.

IMO, mags are just a compilation of mis-informaton.

<div>
(domineaux @ Aug. 13 2007,05:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Aug. 13 2007,15:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">New study in Mensfitness this month shows were total sets over 3 days is no better than 2 days?

I don't like Muscle mags for research but they site there references.</div>
Don't read the mags all they do is point to some supplement. The mags give you some wonder exercise that won't do anything more for you than good solid compound exercise workouts.

IMO, mags are just a compilation of mis-informaton.</div>
I agree with you 95% ...however Mensfitness is and exception to the rule.

Yeah they still push products for ads...(who don't) but they have got some decent writers on there staff.

Lots of the guys are associated with a lot of the research guys you will see mentioned here.

For example Jason Ferrugia...Alwyn Cosgrove....etc....all of these guys are pretty good and well known...I know Lyle Mcdonald...who HST is very familiar with talks to several of them.

And Lyle tells it like it is..and I think majority of the time he likes these guys!

Muscle Media used to be a decent magazine back in the day...it was pretty good on info...but other than those two...I wouldn't recommend any of the others!

big_willy_williams
i have done the HIT thing of training hard every 3 or 4 days and increasing the load every time, like you i just got fat,maybe its the frequency,ie not enough.

mickey
just lately i have had a few injurys/colds etc.

when i take time of i normaly start back using 80% of my 10rm for the 1st wk,and i do 2sets i just rep out so it could be 1 set of 17 1 set of 15,
anyway the way it has worked out for the last 10wks or more i have trained 1wk had the next wk of,and every wk i have restarted i have done the 80% thing repping out not to complete faliure but near 3x a wk, and i have made gains
rock.gif

Back