I can't do HST!

I didn't read all of the responses, but I can tell you that I am currently VERY sore from a sub-max weight workout. I could have pushed myself much harder, but what would have been the point?

<div>
(soflsun @ Mar. 27 2008,02:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I didn't read all of the responses, but I can tell you that I am currently VERY sore from a sub-max weight workout. I could have pushed myself much harder, but what would have been the point?</div>
Because, bro, you ain't hardcore unless you go all out, balls to the walls, 100% intensity, to complete and total failure, such that all you can do after your workout is lay on the floor on the gym in a puddle of your own vomit.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Mar. 27 2008,08:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Because, bro, you ain't hardcore unless you go all out, balls to the walls, 100% intensity, to complete and total failure, such that all you can do after your workout is lay on the floor on the gym in a puddle of your own vomit.</div>
You forgot to tell him to repeat this six times per week - at least.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Mar. 27 2008,06:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Because, bro, you ain't hardcore unless you go all out, balls to the walls, 100% intensity, to complete and total failure, such that all you can do after your workout is lay on the floor on the gym in a puddle of your own vomit.</div>
Kewl...!
laugh.gif

I saved a copy of that rant -- I want to put that on a T-shirt.

Maybe I oughta use it for a sig line...

<div>
(ian @ Mar. 12 2008,10:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well it's good to see i'm not alone and the rest of you don’t hate me!
Really appreciate the advice though.

The only thing i will say to people that are disagreeing with me.... I’m not sure whether you’re getting my point. I appreciate that HST (as the title suggests) is a set of principles to put on muscle, but as I said, to me going to the gym is as much about enjoying it as getting the results and I enjoy killing myself in there (even if my gains may not be as good as yours).

I’m not sure I agree with the 1RM point though . If you work to your 8RM or 15 RM or anything with the word max in it, you’re pushing yourself to your limit. I suppose it’s all a matter of opinion, I mean you state that to you the discipline of carrying out a routine is impressive. Quite simply to me, it’s not. So we just have to agree to disagree.

I think I’ll have to read over all of the principles as LOL has suggested, then pester some of the guys that think in the same way as myself to create an ideal HST hybrid for me.

Thanks for your replies though!</div>
if you want to work nearer to your maxes,drop your training from three days to two days per wk.

Back