I made a mistake!! I need help Please :)

Jey P

Hi People, first of all thanks a lot for reading my post. I'm Jey P and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I started the HST 2 weeks ago using the sample workout but I made a terrible mistake !
I did my first 2 block cylcle with 10reps ! and I skipped the 15s
sad.gif

So I really don't know what should I do on my next 2 block cycle !
Should I continue with the 2 blocks of 5reps or I add the 15s now?
I would REALLY appreciate any help you can give me , because so far this training had been GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS A LOT !!!!
Jey P

do 2wks of 5s 2wks of negs..(or continue with 5s) total 6wks
take another sd and start with the 15s..good luck :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jey P @ Nov. 03 2005,8:59)]1 small question
what is SD ?
crazy.gif
"SD" stands for Strategic Deconditioning. SD is a period of time where you intentionally do not train in order to reverse some of the effects of the Repeated Bout Effect (RBE).

Generally, SD will last for at least 2 weeks. The idea is to decondition the muscle as far as possible without losing too much tissue mass.

It is important not to confuse a temporary decrease in the volume of a muscle with actual muscle tissue loss. So some loss in size is normal when a person stops resistance exercise but most of this is only temporary and consists of water and glycogen.

In order to lengthn your cycle you can also do a 2 week rep block of 8 reps after your 10 rep block. Then go to the 5s and negatives.

Joe G

Bryan THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWER

I didn't say it on my 1st post, but I went to a Dr who specializes in sports here in Buenos Aires and he recomended me the HST program.

I feel great, and these 2 weeks were AWESOME.

I have my HST routing + the diet from the doc, and I can say that I gained 6 punds in 2 weeks !

But apart that I feel stronger and I look better is the FEELING !

Many regards for you Bryan from ARGENTINA !
Visit us soon :)

Jey P

jey p you should have really done an sd before you started .but that is ok..you will make better gains on your next cycle AFTER YOU SD..good luck :D

Jey P

Buenas Senor Jey! :D

I am not going to try out my spanish as it ios not that good, I'd rather write Portuguese as it is my home language and I'd make less mistakes.

In the mean time, I am glad that there are Drs. out there recommending HST, wow!

You have done nothing wrong, so just simply carry on doing the rest of the program as the guys said.

You may want to include a minicycle of 8 to lengthen things but it will be fine to carry on with 5 and negatives (if you have a partner else just carry on with the 5's).

After you finish the cycle take off 9 or 14 days and re-start this time include the 15's as they are good for later heavy loads.

Cheers

Back