ideal conditions for hypertrophy

JB,

hmmmm...... I guess you can write down all the possibilities of exercises and try them all with patience... however, I did not see anywhere in this thread anything related to compound exercises.... I have heard people saying drop the isolation and do compound.... actually, I am not an advocate of that... I prefer to mix them with emphasis on compound... so, perhaps that could be the missing link in your case is the increase of compound exercises...... do squats and deadlift for overall body as well as bench press, dips, close bench press, etc.... and when you are sick and tired of it... well... go and do it again.... isolation ??... BB curls, EZ curls and DB curls are the best for me..... with a 2,2,3/4,0 protocol and really trying on squeezing the last reps...... from time to time drop sets or super sets

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Your welcome, with all that said it Fausto has had great results training more frequently ( I hear he's 5''1 and squats 160kg) so why not go for it!</div>

Slight correction, actually 5'6&quot; and squatted 130 Kg (PB) will try 140 Kg, but now that it is mentioned, I'll try and reach that target by year end, cool?
laugh.gif

As ffor frequency, yes, it worked but not good enough for me as I was not eating enough! Family life too ends up suffering! So I had to give that up
sad.gif

1 Cool
biggrin.gif
130kg at 5''6 is still impressive!

2 Yeh I find its hard to eat enough too when training every day, family life is slightly more important too
smile.gif

I am going to stay on 5's for a while! See what happens!

Starting to enjoy the idea of 5x5 and might end up doing that for a while!

Back