Illness and HST

Captain Crunch

Well everything was going well with my first HST cycle and I was just finishing off my first cycle of 15's when all of a sudden I picked up some gastrointestinal virus and it has laid me flat on my back for two days. Vomitting and diarrhea have been abundant and I feel as though standing up and walking to the bathroom is like a marathon run. I have not been able to eat anything at all and am just now getting some tea with honey into me to try and get some energy back.

My question to you all is how do I get back on track. Obviously (or not) I am going to be a few days trying to get energy levels back up to where a workout is possible. When I am ready to start back do I backtrack a few workouts or finish off my last day of 15's and then get on with the 10's? Do I just see how I feel and go from there or is it safer to build back slowly over a few workouts which would mean repeating some of the 15's?

Anyway, feedback of any sort would be appreciated and if anyone else has gone through this type of thing is would be on interest as to what you did on the return road to HST. So far I am really enjoying the workouts and am looking forward to the 10's. I am seeing noticeable changes already and this is good!!!!

Thanks

Sorry to hear that, Captain! I'd take it easy for the next several days and make sure you're back on your feet and feel well enough to lift. No sense in pushing it- those weights aren't going anywhere! I'd repeat your last week of 15s.

And I'd reccomend...

Glutamine!

Honestly one of the best things I've found for settling a stomach. I myself was on my butt for a couple days because of some kind of bug this last weekend. Glutamine got rid of the squirts real quick, and it doesn't leave you bound up or feeling bloated like most OTC antidiarretics.

Supplements truly are wonderful, when used for what they're good for.

Thanks for the info and support. I will try the glutamine. I'm feeling a little better today but still don't feel much like eating anything. At least I am trying to get my fluids into me.

Thanks again.

I went through something similar the day after xmas this year. I ended up just SDing again and starting over, because I was pretty weak after the illness. It ended up being a pretty good cycle after I started again, maybe because I was quite deconditioned, (over 2 weeks off).

I did the same I tried to tough it out, but it wiped me out so I took off a week, so take some time then as Ronnie Montrose says

"get on your baaaaadddddd motor scooter and ride."

Back