I'm back from the dead/injury

MicroBerto

Hi everyone!

In late November, I was swimming and begun having some monstrous pain in my knee. I started taking good care of it, stopped lifting, and it slowly went away. It was a ugly case of Knee Plica Syndrome that was ended ironically by kicking it out in the pool.

I've done 5 full HST cycles since the beginning of 2003, and while my gains haven't been as good as many of yours, I now see how amazing they were. During my injury, I switched to a circuit body-weight routine, and I feel terrible. I've lost a lot of my HST-induced size, and my leg strength is now pathetic. Berto from 1 year ago could kick today Berto's @$$ up and down. I don't like that.

So I'm back! It's going to be painful getting my gains back, but I now realize how awesome HST is. I am by no means genetically gifted, but HST gave me the slow growth that I desired, and I want it again.

As far as my 6th cycle, I'm returning to the base workout on the web page. Throughout the 2 years, I've tweaked it so much that it'll be nice to get back to the basics.

I plan on charting my progress on my door much better, and am going to get back on creatine and increase the protein shake consumption. I need a real change-up from the rut I've been in.

I have spring break coming up, so I plan on lowering my carbs and fats as well. I will continue to swim as my cardio, but priority is now back to the weights.

On a personal note, I have 4 months left of school before I graduate and move to Austin, TX. That said, my friends and I are going to be drinking ourselves silly - and I'm ready to accept the losses that I will get from that behaviour.

My new 40gb 4th generation iPod will of course be playing all of the latest European death metal to keep me going.

Moral of the story: If you think you're platauing with HST, get off of it and see how bad things get for you. Jump back on the ship quicker than I did though!

Go get em Mike.
thumbs-up.gif

Day 1 of 15s... my upper body is fine since I've been working that with high speed high rep body weight, but my legs are PATHETIC.

It's going to be tough, but I'm so glad to have deadlifts back.

On another note, my forearms are really pathetic too. I need to research the best way to get them going. I know I'm genetically disadvanted with them and need to do construction or yard work all day long to bulk them up for real, but I'll have to find some more volume for them.

i know your pain berto. i've come from a leg injury too and lost my gains while i was on therapy. now i got a minor wrist injury but i managed to find a workout that wouldn't trigger the pain. injuries suck!
good to hear you're back on HST
thumbs-up.gif

:D Hi, Berto and welcome back!

Bet you blow up like a balloon! Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Happy hypertrophy!
Kate

Back