important question

Kuno

hey
im 16, and i have finally decided to do weight lifting to gain muscle. ive been searching the web for an apropiate method of training and ive come to this site and think its got the best method. I was just wondering, im about 5foot 9, and still showing some signs of growth. if i start weightlifting using HST, will it stunt my growth? because my friends were saying that it does, sorry if this has been asked before.
Thanks in advance :)

only HST has the power to turn you into a midget
laugh.gif

nah seriously though, you're fine dude... don't worry about it

Weightlifting does not stunt your growth. I don't know why people think it does. I lifted as a teenager and I'm 6'1. Guess it's a good thing it stunted my growth.

Seriously though, the only thing that could stunt your growth is if you get an injury or if you start using steroids. So if train sensibly and naturally, you will be fine.

Stunt your growth, hell no. Quite the opposite. I wish I knew about HST when I was 16 years old.
Go for it mate, watch your body change using the best training there is. You'll get stronger, bigger and increase your bone density.
Just keep an eye on your diet and you can't go wrong.
Jazzer :)

I was talking about this topic with my family the other day. Weight lifting stunting your growth must be a myth. Professional athletes who have been lifting for years when they were young are tall and jacked as hell.

........it's just another excuse that some people have to not train eh?

I think the only issue is for "children" and applying "overload technique" can damage their growth plate. Apart from that....everyone should be strength training, especially children!

Back