injured shoulder, what to do...

Discussion in 'Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)' started by jwbond, Feb 21, 2006.

1. jwbond

jwbond New Member

my right shoulder has been bothering me since the end of my last cycle. i did not sd at the end of last cycle since i am cutting. i thought it would repair itself during the lighter weights of the 15s. i was wrong...

i am now nearing the end of the 10s and i am starting to realize that i wont be able to make the weights for certain exercises for my 5rm due to the injury.

my routine:

mwf:
    incline bench
    weighted pullups
    leg press
    shoulder press
    leg raises

tue/thurs:
    dips
    rows
    stiff legged deads
    calf raises
    db shrugs
    preacher curls
    tri. ext.
    crunches

i switched from incline bench to flat, which has made a HUGE difference. there is no pain on flat at all. however, i realized today i can't even do 15lb db shoulder presses as a warmup and my 10RM is 80lb dbs!

my question is do i continue with the cycle using flat bench and taking out the shoulder press or do i sd for a week and start back at the begining of the 10s?

my flat bench 5RM is 275 and i am afraid that what is not hurting it now will by the time i get to the end of the 5s.

2. jwbond

jwbond New Member

anyone have any suggestions? i have a workout in 3 hours and want to figure out what to do...

i am thinking i just need to play it by ear and listen to my body, but would like to hear input from others on it so i can make the best educated decision possible on a coarse of action.

3. Fausto

Fausto HST Expert

Sorry JW

Two things you can do:

1 - Lay off exercises that are hurting your shoulders and go by feel from there!

2 - If the pain persists, even though you are trying to avoid direct shoulder work (this does not seem to be the case) then yep SD and get that shoulder fixed! [​IMG]