Introducing Drop Sets On Week 7?

Kakelad

Hello everyone?
Moving on to week 7 & 8 soon and I have a quick question.
What do you guys think of using the 3x3 scheme on the main lifts (squat, deadlift, bench ,overhead press) and then adding a drop set with 8-12 reps?
For example doing 3x3 squats and then one set of 8 with less weight?
Also, is it all too dangerous to "end" the cycle after week 7 as opposed to week 8?
I was planning to do the 7th week, deload for a week and then start again with the 15's.

Thanks for the input!

What do you guys think of using the 3x3 scheme on the main lifts (squat, deadlift, bench ,overhead press) and then adding a drop set with 8-12 reps?

I do not see a problem with that if you still have the 'energy' to do a drop / metabolic set after 3 sets of 3 reps, is the weight for these sets circa 90% of your 1rm?

Also, is it all too dangerous to "end" the cycle after week 7 as opposed to week 8?

It is extremely dangerous as Bryan will come round and shoot your kneecaps!!!! Seriously it would be better to extend your cycle and keep pushing the heavier loads rather than shortening it but if it suits your diary to stop after week 7 then it is not a major drama.

Thanks for the response! I just wondered if I found myself not being able to progress after week 7, then maybe starting fresh :p

Hello everyone?
Moving on to week 7 & 8 soon and I have a quick question.
I was planning to do the 7th week, deload for a week and then start again with the 15's.

Thanks for the input!

I would not add drop-sets for deadlift. That sounds quite dangerous. I wouldn't add them for squats either for the same reasons. Leg press and leg accessories - absolutely. Bench, OHP, Rows, Pulldowns are all well suited.

The 5's (weeks 5-8) are the best period of the cycle and you'll induce the most growth here. I wouldn't cut a week out of it if you paid me.

Back